Would you like to be a part of our structural design of foundations for our future offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Structural Engineer in our Primary Structures department. You’ll design foundations for offshore wind turbines from the conceptual phase to detailed design as well as update and verify calculations of existing structures. Furthermore, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in technology development work, such as development of design methods and tools.
The department is part of Offshore which is one of our three corporate business units.
Your key tasks will be to
- design the primary foundation structures in compliance with state-of-the art knowledge and norms and standards, using both in-house design tools and commercial software
- contribute to the continued development of the design of the primary load-bearing foundation structure
- develop and refine design methods and assumptions ensuring alignment across functional areas (from fabrication to operation) within the Offshore business unit
- contribute to the development of best practices, design methods and design tools
- work in close cooperation with other highly specialised engineering disciplines
- cooperate with CAD technicians and help them create 3D models and drawings of your design.
Furthermore, you’ll implement lessons learned and new solutions.
Your competences include that you
- have a relevant engineering degree (MSc), e.g. in civil or mechanical engineering, preferably with some years of experience from offshore structures, e.g. jackets or monopiles
- have detailed knowledge of and interest in topics such as structural design, steel design, fatigue, buckling, finite element analysis, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, soil-structure interaction, wind turbine loads and safety
- have a good sense of optimised design of steel structures with a good understanding of fabrication-friendly design
- have experience with commercial software such as Ansys, LS-Dyna, Abaqus or similar
- have interest in programming and automating procedures (preferably with knowledge of e.g. Matlab, Python, APDL or similar)
- are fluent in English and preferably Danish and have good communication skills.
Moreover, you have a positive attitude and a strong drive to improve and understand.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate
a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us no later than 28 November 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Hauge Thomsen, Head of Primary Structures, by phone +45 9955 6951, if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.