Wood Thilsted is a consulting engineering company specialised in geotechnical and structural engineering within the offshore renewable energy industry. We are operating globally with projects located in Asia, North America and Northern Europe. We currently employ a staff of +145, working from offices in Denmark, UK, Taiwan, Japan and US with a continued growth foreseen in the near future.
As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to our clients’ projects. We also aim to have a strong culture based on mutual trust, honesty, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere. Due to the success and growth of the company, we are searching for an ambitious Structural Engineer to join Wood Thilsted’s expanding Secondary Structures team.
We have a number of large detailed design projects in offshore wind, as well as a continuous stream of concept and FEED studies, plus design work on several innovative concepts (outside of the currently accepted foundation concepts for offshore wind) including floating structures. We continue to strengthen the way we execute and manage these diverse projects, implementing state of the art methods and automating what we can, and we are seeking talented people to join the team.
The primary work location will be in one of our offices in Århus, Vejle, Copenhagen (Denmark), London or Bristol (England). However, given our teams, clients and projects are spread internationally across Northern Europe, North America and East Asia, you may expect some travelling in relation to your work, both nationally and internationally. In addition, there may be opportunities during your employment for long-term or short-term postings abroad.
Areas of responsibility
The job opening is for a Structural Engineer within the Secondary Structures department. You will work on challenging and large-scale offshore wind projects where you will provide high-quality deliverables to our clients for the design of wind turbine foundations. In your role you will:
- Support the offshore wind project with high-end structural design for the Secondary Structures, working closely in a small team, using 3D modelling and an understanding of offshore design to deliver world-class solutions;
- Liaise with your colleagues and the senior staff to ensure high quality of your work;
- Work closely with drafters to produce design drawings for reflecting your design;
- Deliver the Secondary Structures design documentation and be responsible for your deliverables through our quality assurance processes;
- Use your knowledge to prepare detailed engineering reports documenting engineering analyses and adhering to the applicable regulations;
- Take part in the development of in-house engineering software applied for secondary structures design.
Whilst your focus will be on the Secondary Structures, we believe that you’ll work best, and will stay engaged if you get involved in multiple areas of our projects. We really value the ability to innovate, creating solutions where none previously existed, so if that sounds like you, Wood Thilsted would like to get in contact with you. Opportunities also exist for long- or short-term postings abroad.
You should hold a master's degree in Mechanical/Civil/Structural engineering. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You will have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have:
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a professional offshore structural engineer in offshore wind;
- Preferable experience with secondary structures design and appurtenance design for offshore wind structures;
- An understanding of relevant design codes and standards such as DNVGL, Eurocode 3 etc;
- Are able to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients, consultants and contractors.
- Are a team player;
- Are pro-active in your efforts to engage with others;
- Demonstrate a strong drive to fulfil your assignments, and a willingness to take the initiative when faced with opportunities to exceed expectations;
- Experience with application of Finite Element modelling for structural analyses;
- Experience with fabrication processes of steel structures, preferable for the offshore industry.
In return we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work, develop new competences and work on interesting projects. At Wood Thilsted, we care about our people and we are committed to a brighter future. We have defined our set of values and behaviors that are at the heart of everything we do. Our work environment is a place where everyone can be themselves and be their best. We are result-orientated and innovation-driven at a high professional level and with excellence in delivery. Besides this we also offer competitive salary packages, pension, health and life insurance as well as flexibility in working hours and locations.
Please apply using the "apply" link where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
You can read more about us by visiting our website: https://www.woodthilsted.com/ or our Linkedin page for the newest updates.
Wood Thilsted is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees. While we do not use closing dates, Wood Thilsted reserve the right to close a role at any time
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.