Join us in this role where you’ll design structural components for monopile and jacket foundations for offshore wind turbines from the conceptual phase to detailed design and installed design, including as-built documentation. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in development work, such as calculation methods and calculation tools.
Welcome to Structural Engineering
You’ll be part of Secondary Structures where you, together with your colleagues, will constantly improve on methods, tools, and best practices for the design of secondary structures such as boat landings, platforms, anode support structures, and ladders. The department has offices in two locations in Denmark, while other interfacing colleagues are located in London, Hamburg, the US, and Taiwan, among other places.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing, calculating, and documenting structural components
- the development of best practices, calculation methods, and calculation tools
- working with CAD technicians and helping them create and develop drawings and 3D models
- implementing lessons learned and new solutions
- inspecting your own design work at production sites and offshore installation sites (optional).
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant master’s degree in engineering, for example within civil or mechanical engineering, preferably with moderate experience with offshore structures, e.g. jackets or monopiles
- have a good sense of optimised design of steel structures and a good understanding of production-friendly design as well as some experience with the design of structures exposed to fatigue
- have detailed knowledge of the design and verification of steel structures
- have detailed knowledge of FE modelling in ANSYS or a similar FE program
- speak and write English fluently, and preferably also Danish
- have good communication skills and that you thrive on being proactive in relation to your colleagues across a geographically scattered organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 18 December 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Kvistgaard Christiansen, Team Lead, Execution, by telephone on +45 99 55 73 29 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.