Structural Engineer, Offshore Wind Foundations; Secondary Structures
Wood Thilsted is an advanced engineering company specialised in structural and geotechnical engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond, currently employing 61 people globally. We are searching for ambitious and capable Structural Engineers to join our company.
In this role you will use your skills and knowledge to provide high-quality deliverables to our clients for Secondary Steel design of wind turbine foundations. The role involves:
- Supporting the offshore wind project with high-end structural design for the Secondary Structure, working closely in a small team, using 3D modelling and an understanding of offshore design to deliver world-class solutions
- Producing high quality work, often in partnership with others
- Working closely with drafters to produce design drawings that reflect your design
- Delivering the Secondary Steel design documentation for secondary structures and be responsible for your deliverables through a third-party certification process
- Using your knowledge to prepare detailed engineering reports and memos documenting engineering analyses
- Helping to develop our in-house engineering software, applied for secondary steel design
You will have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have:
- 2-5 years of relevant experience as a professional offshore structural engineer in offshore wind
- A Masters’ degree in mechanical or civil engineering (or equivalent)
- Be fluent in English as a native speaker or as a second language
- Preferable experience with secondary steel design and appurtenance design for offshore wind structures
- An understanding of relevant design codes and standards such as DNVGL, Eurocode 3, ISO 19902, etc.
- Experience with application of 3D FE for structural analysis
- Experience with fabrication processes of steel structures, preferable for the offshore industry
In return, we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work with a large degree of flexibility, develop new competences and work on interesting assignments. This position could be based in Copenhagen, Vejle, Aarhus, London or Bristol, You should expect some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work.
Please apply using the link "Ansøg", where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.