Structural Design Engineer for Main Bearings
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to strengthen the Bearing department within our Technology organization in Denmark
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to strengthen the Bearing department within our Technology organization in Denmark. The Bearing team is responsible for developing new technologies within the bearing area and design and operational support for all our turbine platforms.
In this role, you will be working closely with your colleagues in regional engineering departments, as well as Supply Chain Management and Service to ensure the highest quality in solutions within the area. Consequently you will have a lot of interfaces across the organization, and you will see the result of your work immediately in the production or on sites.
You will also have a close collaboration with our suppliers and thus, some travel activity in connection with qualification and development of suppliers is to be expected in this role.
What are my responsibilities?
- Day to day support to engineering departments
- Root cause analysis and design solutions in warranty cases
- Development and qualification of new and current suppliers together with procurement and quality department
- Development of new bearing designs
- Handle non conformities and secure corrective actions
- Draw up of technical specifications
- Review of design solutions within the bearing technology area, as well as other areas where your knowledge can be utilized
- Technical sparring with customers and suppliers
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You have an education as a Mechanical Engineer (B.Sc. or M.Sc) combined with several years' experience related to the mentioned areas
- You are outgoing and process-oriented, and you are capable of working independently as well as in a team
- You are structured and innovative, and your approach to task solving is both technically sound and commercially viable
- You have the ability to interact at all levels in a dynamic environment and thrive working in a large international company
- You possess strong communication skills and are fluent in English both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
Denmark is a core part of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7.500 employees out of a global staff of more than 27.000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
By joining Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy you will become part of an open and dynamic workplace where professional and personal development is an important part of the agenda. We prioritize being responsible for our employees’ health and well-being, and we offer many employee benefits.
Apply online in English for the job by clicking on "Apply". Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.