It takes the brightest minds to be a technology leader. It takes imagination to create green energy for the generations to come. At Siemens Gamesa we make real what matters, join our global team.
Siemens Gamesa has a vision for renewable energy: we believe in the power of nature and technology. Help us to be ready to face the energy challenges of tomorrow and make a green footprint – join the team in creating a better future for us on our planet.
We focus on hiring the best people, wherever they may be in the world. We pride ourselves on the flexibility we offer to our employees and are committed to building a workforce that can grow with the company. Siemens Gamesa is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
In our culture of trust, we focus on empowerment, diversity and continuous learning. Valuing our people is what makes us one global team, with our colleagues’ safety at the heart of our organization.
You will join our Structural team within Mechanical Unit of the Service Technology. The Structural team applies the required knowledge for the resolution of technical issues and the definition of design improvements for our installed fleet, in structural components like tower, bolted joints, lifts, nacelle structure, hub, crane hoists and safety equipment.
We are looking for a skilled engineer based in Brande who are interested in working in a diverse team, willing to help us keep our growing fleet up and running.
How to contribute to our vision
In the position as Structural Design Engineer you will be in charge of the following tasks:
- Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on field issues and ensure the learnings in our organization using our 8D process
- Develop repair solutions and retrofit designs for issues on the global fleet of turbines meeting the agreed requirements
- Propose and detail the product modifications for structural components creating the corresponding deliverables
- Collaboration on the definition of the assembly procedures - both in factory and field
- Collaboration in the validation of the design modifications defined.
What you need to make a difference
Passion for renewable energy and a sense for the importance to lead the change. We are also looking for a candidate with the following skills:
- You have a Bachelor or Master in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 3 years of experience with design and analysis of structural components
- You are familiar with RCA methods and tools, such as 8D, FTA, FMEA, etc
- You have experience with structural calculations, extreme and fatigue, using FEA and analytical methods
- You are familiar with common industry standards such as Eurocode and IEC 61400-X
- In addition, it will be an advantage if you have experience in tower design, data analysis tools (Matlab) and 2D/D drafting (NX)
- You possess excellent English language skills both oral and writing
- You are independent, proactive and have the confidence to take quick decisions based on facts
- Due to our global presence and visit to turbines for trial fits, approximately 15-25 travel days a year should be expected
In return of your commitment we offer you…
Become a part of our mission for sustainability: Clean energy for generations to come. We are a global team of diverse colleagues who share a passion for renewable energy and have a culture of trust and empowerment to make our own ideas a reality. We focus on personal and professional development to grow internally within our organization. Siemens Gamesa offers a wide variety of benefits such as flexible working hours as well as home-office possibility for many colleagues, employer-funded pension, attractive remuneration package (fixed/variable) and local benefits such as subsided lunch, employee discounts and much more
Empowering our people
How do you imagine the future?
Our global team is on the front line of tackling the climate crisis, reducing carbon emissions – the greatest challenge we face.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact the hiring manager Morten Kjaergaard Mortensen via phone +45 3037 5398
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
Please apply in English via the apply button.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may NOT be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
For more information about working in Denmark, please see this link: https://www.siemensgamesa.com/explore/journal/wind-engineers-in-denmark
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder