For our Blades Department we are looking for a Structural Design Engineer who is a specialist within the field of composite structures and is dedicated to the development of our future products.
The Blade Department has the full responsibility for the structural design, materials and structural validation of our wind turbine blades, and work in close collaboration with other R&D functions and Manufacturing/Supply Chain.
What are my responsibilities?
- Design, analysis and optimization of our wind turbine blade structures
- FEA and analytical modelling of composite structures
- Validation of wind turbine blade structures through e.g. full scale and substructure tests
- Definition of specifications regarding production and quality etc.
- Analysis of defects and failure in fiber-reinforced polymer materials
- Certification documentation according to industry-specific guidelines (wind turbine blades)
- Development and improvement of our design tools, methodologies and processes to ensure a high level of confidence and quality in our designs
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold a MSc. degree in mechanical engineering or similar, combined with experience in or knowledge about fiber-reinforced polymer materials, possibly from the wind turbine blade industry
- You can take on a lead design role and you are a high-performing team player striving for excellence and high quality in your work, while respecting deadlines
- You have a solid understanding of various R&D processes
- You are able to handle several tasks concurrently, while keeping a good overview
- You possess excellent English skills both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What should I know about Siemens Wind Power?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 7,700 employees out of a global staff of more than 14,000 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
If you want to know more about
Siemens Wind Power
The commercial excellence of Aalborg - emphasized by Siemens and Samsung - Why Invest in Aalborg (engelsk tale)
Apply online in English for the job by Clicking on "Apply". Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the position, please contact the hiring manager, Claus Burchardt, via phone: +45 3067 7856.
For further information regarding the recruitment process, please send the recruiting team an email via email@example.com. Please mention the Job ID in the email.
We kindly draw your attention to the fact that this email may not be used for sending applications or CVs for evaluation.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder