Strategic Account Product Manager for probiotics for Human Health
We are looking for a strong and ambitious profile for a new position as Strategic Account Product Manager. You will focus and work closely with one of Chr. Hansen’s largest global customers. This to support their and our continuous strong growth, develop new and improved solutions while strengthening the collaboration with Chr. Hansen and key internal stakeholders.
Chr. Hansen is a global leading provider of probiotic cultures. In the Human Health Business Unit we develop, produce, commercialize and sell probiotics to the dietary supplement, pharmaceutical and infant formula industries.
The position is placed in the Commercial Development organization, in Chr. Hansen’s headquarter north of Copenhagen. We are >15 dedicated colleagues responsible for industry strategies, product and innovation portfolio, product launches, marketing, pricing, product management, sales support etc. You will be part of the Global Product Management & Support organization, as well as the strategic account team supporting the customer, led by the strategic account manager. We ensure commercialization of new probiotic products, contribute to shaping the future probiotic product lines and manage day-to-day activities in all stages of the product life-cycle.
This position is a 50/50 role:
Strategic Account Product Manager for the assigned product portfolio responsible for the management of these products during their life cycle based on applicable policies. At the same time supporting the Strategic Account Manager’s activities and working closely with the product owner (relevant Global Product Manager) and the internal value chain.
Project Lead for development projects running with this customer, which means very close collaboration with project teams where the Strategic Account Manager, Innovation, Product Design & Application, Supply, Quality, Regulatory etc. may support or are represented. In these projects you will be responsible for the commercial scoping and specific commercial go-to-market activities, in close dialogue with the Global Product Managers and our Commercial Pipeline Office.
You are able to work in the US time zone and travelling activities may occur.
As Strategic Account Product Manager, you will
- Provide leadership, execute on global product strategy and vision for the assigned strategic account product line - ensuring that it is met in the supporting functions in order to support and facilitate sales growth including margin protection
- In collaboration with the strategic account manager represent the customer internally
- Know and understand your product portfolio, its value chain and continuously improve its cost base and adapt service levels to the true need of the customer
- Overall responsible for managing parts of the product mix for the assigned product range e.g. external product specifications, product documentation, product quality, packaging, labels, costing, masterdata etc. in close dialogue with the responsible Global Product Managers and support functions
- Participate in customer meetings, supporting the Strategic Account Manager
- Coordinate and answer customer questions with support from experts in the value chain
- Consultant on contract obligations e.g. Supply and Quality Agreements
- Handle/support handling of non-conformities, change management and customer complaints
- Mastering relevant regulatory knowledge with the support from our Regulatory colleagues in relation to the product portfolio and its industries
- Support the customer in their geo-expansion based on guidance by the Strategic Account Manager
As Project Lead, you will
- Drive definition of project scope and objectives, involving relevant stakeholders based on guidance by the Strategic Account Manager
- Develop project plan with project teams to monitor and track progress
- Coordinate internal resources for project execution, ensure resource availability and allocation
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs in a standardized way using relevant tools
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools
- Report and escalate to Steering Group as needed
- Successfully manage the communication and relationship with the customer based on guidance by the strategic account manager and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
Your Personal profile
- You have minimum 3-5 years of industrial global product management experience (B2B or B2C) from the dietary supplement, pharmaceutical, infant formula or ingredient industry
- You have a scientific background, a MSc in Food Science, Bioscience or similar with a commercial interest and drive
- You have documented experience from working with multinational customers
- You have leadership and persuasive skills for managing products and projects throughout the organization, i.e. in cross-functional teams
- You have well-developed organizational and interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and ability to influence the organization
- You have excellent customer-facing abilities, communication skills, presentation and planning ability - you can structure complex challenges and close cases in a timely manner
- You are a team player who enjoy solving issues by being the ‘spider in the web’, taking pride in ensuring that we all achieve and succeed as a team
- You enjoy using your technical competencies focusing on business and customer needs
- You enjoy an interchangeable work day in an international environment - being able to establish priorities, maintain multiple priorities and tasks at the same time, while understanding the sense of urgency required in such a position
- You are fluent in English (company language) and have strong IT skills, focus on Excel and PowerPoint
A position in our Global Product Management & Support Team in a dynamic, inspiring and international environment, combining business and product technical knowledge. You will be working closely with the Strategic Account Team, Innovation, Global Product Managers, Marketing and the entire internal value chain. You will report to the Head of Global Product Management & Support, Human Health.
For more information please contact Karoline Kjærulff Søndergaard, Head of Global Product Management & Support by phone +45 2249 5204.
Please apply online - click on the "Ansøg" link.
Application deadline is 22 January 2017. Interviews will be performed on an ongoing basis.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at: www.chr-hansen.com/career.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder