Strain Approval Scientist,
Do you want to rethink your impact, and are you passionate about getting sustainable solutions approved for production? Then you might be our new Strain Approval Scientist.
What if you could work for a cause, not just a company?
Novozymes is the global market leader in biological solutions. We help build better lives. Together with our customers, partners and the global community, we use our innovative thinking and passion for science to boost industries and make everyday products more sustainable for the good of the planet. As the world’s leading provider of industrial enzymes and microorganisms, our bio-innovation enables higher agricultural yields, low-temperature washing, energy-efficient production, renewable fuel and many, many other biological solutions that the world can benefit from today and in the future. We call it Rethink Tomorrow.
Join us as our new Strain Approval Scientist
In this position, you will work at the cutting edge of industrial genetic engineering, gather input from a company full of helpful and dedicated colleagues, prepare documentation to allow the launch of new products, and help Novozymes enter new markets. You get the complex challenge of translating R&D information into strategic information required for effective product registration. You will develop your networking and project management skills, get an overview of a global biotechnology company that few possess, and see many different experimental technologies.
Welcome to Production Strain Technologies and Strain Approval Support
In order to ensure safety of our sustainable products to the food and market, we have a small Strain Approval Support team working at the exciting interface between our genetic engineers and our regulatory approval unit. The unit works closely with our molecular biologists in Production Strain Technologies and other stakeholders to accurately describe and characterize our strains, develop our approval processes strategically, and ensure that Novozymes stays a worldwide leader in industry compliance.
In this role you will make an impact by:
- Ensuring efficient communication between many stakeholders, such as R&D, Regulatory Affairs, our pilot plant facilities, and QC
- Collecting, writing, and delivering information for strain descriptions needed for product approvals across the world
- Supporting and directing generation of experimental data for strain characterization
- Providing guidance to scientists and managers in production strain development on how to ensure regulatory approval. Novozymes is leading worldwide when it comes to compliance with existing guidelines and is actively engaged in dialogue with industry associations and authorities
- Sharing your knowledge and expertise in our Strain Approval Support team and the organization, ensuring efficient knowledge sharing
To succeed you must hold:
- A MSc or PhD Degree in bioengineering, biotechnology, or biology, or comparable work experience
- Excellent scientific writing skills in English
- Skills in handling a diverse task portfolio and enjoy delivering to hard, and sometimes short, deadlines
- A team-based mindset
Additionally, it will be advantageous for the applicant to:
- Have experience with genetic engineering and/or protein expression, either through direct experience or close collaboration with genetic engineers
- Hold experience with product registration, strain approval, regulatory approval or similar tasks from small, medium or large companies, preferably in biotechnology
Location: This job will be based in Bagsværd, Denmark.
Are you passionate about making a sustainable impact, and do you see yourself in this position? Then unlock your passion and apply today!
Contact details: For more information please contact Mikael Rørdam Andersen, Senior Dept. Manager (E-mail: MRRA@novozymes.com).
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
Not the right fit for you?
If this job for some reason is not the right fit for you, perhaps you know someone who might find it interesting? If so, please feel free to share the job link and encourage him or her to apply. Thank you for your referral. Please check out our other open positions. Maybe the right fit for you is just a few clicks away.
Want to learn more?
Did you know, that Novozymes was ranked #7 in Science magazine’s global Top Employers Survey 2019?
At Novozymes, we invite you to join us in finding biological solutions to the world’s problems. Being a pioneering company, we seek people, who are eager to try new things, motivated by challenge and not afraid to fail but driven to try again. And again. Original thinking happens when we’re given the flexibility to focus and the freedom to fully unfold our individual strengths. This is key to our innovation power and how we have become one of the top patent holders in the biotech industry. Learn more about Novozymes, our purpose, and your career opportunities at Novozymes.com. Follow us on LinkedIn and Instagram.