Sr. Validation Engineer
Come join a team of highly talented engineers and help develop our current and future Ethernet switch ICs, enabling customers worldwide to build and market their Microchip-based network products.
Come join a team of highly talented engineers and help develop our current and future Ethernet switch ICs, enabling customers worldwide to build and market their Microchip-based network products. The DK Hardware and validation team works in close collaboration with both the DK chip design, software and application teams as well as teams in both India and US to develop some of the largest ICs designed in Denmark.
If you have good hardware design experience, some prior knowledge on Ethernet networking technologies and have a strong desire to learn more, then you could be the candidate we are looking for.
Microchip Denmark has an R&D site located in Herlev. We are a team of 35 engineers, developing Ethernet network switches for Enterprise, Industrial and automotive markets. The Denmark site represents all the engineering disciplines from initial product definition, RTL design, SW development, reference systems, validation and technical support. Microchip Denmark is part of the Microchip USB and Networking Group (UNG), which has sites in USA, India, Taiwan, and China
You will be part of the Denmark Hardware and validation team, working on validation of mainly our internally developed Ethernet devices, both using pre-silicon FPGA systems and the finished silicon. The job will consist of developing validation systems and test scripts for our devices, all the way from high-level test plans, test specifications, script development to testing. You will also be working closely together with both the chip design team and software SQA to ensure the continued quality of the products. Our products consist of a combination of ICs with associated proprietary as well as open-source software. We will of course ensure responsibilities matching your experience and provide plenty of opportunities to grow.
Education and Qualifications
- B.Sc. or M.Sc
- Preferably hardware design experience
- Preferably Ethernet networking and protocol experience
- Have automation scripting programming skills in Python, TCL or similar language
- Working knowledge of Electronics Lab equipment, e.g., Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, Protocol Analyzers
- Good organization and planning skills
- Good English communication skills – written as well as oral
- Team player but able to work independently - a self-starter, adaptable to rapidly changing market requirements
What we offer?
- Join an established experienced team, determined to grow your skills from good to great.
- Direct access to experts developing the relevant HW, SW, chips, network technologies and standards.
- International work environment and opportunities to travel.
- Options to work-from-home 1-2 days a week, parental leave, occasional social gatherings.
- Informal, pleasant office environment with 2-3 sharing an office. Breakfast, lunch, coffee, and fruit in the cafeteria
- Competitive compensation including employee share option scheme.
- Competitive benefits such as: Pension, Healthcare, Stock Options etc.
If you’re interested and feel that you have the right skills that we’re looking for, apply today at Denmark@microchip.com
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.