Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for carrying out special tasks in the WTGs, including walk-down inspections, endoscope inspections of drive trains, and replacement and repair of WTG main components.
Welcome to Special Tasks & Inspection
You’ll be part of a dedicated team in a fast-growing environment with great opportunity to develop personal and technical skills. You’ll be introduced to new turbine platforms and will be offered the necessary level training, and you’ll furthermore experience a fantastic journey into new markets.
You’ll play an important role in:
- carrying out walk-down inspections in WTGs and major component inspections with endoscope in WTGs
- carrying out replacements and up-tower repairs of WTG major components
- performing troubleshooting and repair activities of electrical and mechanical components
- providing input for development of tools, RAMS, AWPs, and work instructions
- promoting high work ethics and performance and enforce ‘the safe way or no way’
- occasionally acting as client representative on high-priority tasks, participating in meetings/workshops, and sharing your field experience to support WTG operation efficiencies and performance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant education and extensive technical skills acquired from working with wind turbines, preferably Siemens 6.0-7.0 and MVOW V164 turbines, combined with knowledge of the offshore wind power industry
- have an aptitude for working in heights and offshore
- are prepared to fulfil and capable of joining Ørsted Authorisation for UK sites
- thrive when taking on complex technical challenges and coming up with professional technical solutions
- have the ability to establish, maintain, and develop effective relationships with a hands-on mentality
- are willing to work in a team but also to work and act as a team lead on technical tasks and activities.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 August 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Pedersen, Head of Resource Management, by telephone on +45 99 55 83 86 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You’ll primarily be working in a 14/14 rota system with a 12-hour shift pattern per day for 14 days, followed by a 14-day off-period. The rota can be changed with a month’s notice but will never exceed a 14-day working period. Meetings, training, and travel activities will to some extent be expected in the off-period. During the working period, you’ll primarily be working at one of our wind farms, and therefore you should expect extensive travel activity in relation to your work. Your base of accommodation will depend on the activity to be performed, meaning that both offshore and onshore accommodation should be expected.
Please write in your application that you've found the job on Jobfinder.