Can you help us develop the biggest offshore wind turbine seen to date?
At Siemens Wind Power we have set an ambitious goal. In 2017 we want to develop and test the next generation of offshore wind turbines. For this task we need the brightest engineering minds to join us so that we together can set the new Global standard for wind energy.
This is your once in a life time opportunity to be part of a huge engineering challenge. You will have the chance to be part of the project from the first stage in the project to the final launch. Already from project take-off you will get to collaborate with colleagues from both Supply Chain Management and Service. So there an innovative and challenging field waiting for you. Want to join?
For our next generation offshore turbine platform, located in Vejle - Denmark, we are looking for bright Solution Owners to further enrich our Tower Team. The Tower Team which consists of highly skilled and dedicated employees is driving the development of new concepts for both primary and secondary steel structures.
What are my responsibilities?
As a Solution Owner you will be responsible for a given sub module within the tower. This being either the mechanical parts of the lift system, the tower internals system or the transition piece internals system. You will be working with a wide range of design related tasks whereas your primary responsibility is to ensure the best overall concept seen from all stakeholders’ interest. Your stakeholders will, among others, be electrical functions, foundation, costumers, procurement and manufacturing as well as installation and service.
A large part of your responsibility will require your ability to coordinate and plan activities between others working with task related to your module of responsibility. This could be coordination and planning between CAD Engineers and Structural Engineers and coordination in terms of input required to meet overall project plan.
You will be responsible for making sure that the design meets costumer requirements, external and internal design guidelines and requirements for certification.
Additionally, you will be the ‘go-to’ contact in terms of any questions related to your area of responsibility and you are responsible for securing coherence between design and BOM (Bill of Materials).
Your assignments will include the following:
- New product development
- Maintenance of design-and decision log
- CAD Design
- Coordination and planning
- Facilitating DFMEAs and DRAs
- Support during prototype build and production
- Optimization of design
- Creation of task descriptions of task to be delegated to external service providers
- Review of 3D, 2D and structural calculations
- Team Center
- Design support and coordination with external service providers
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- You hold a Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree in Mechanical or Structural Engineering
- You have experience with planning and coordination of projects
- You master design according to Eurocode
- You master the use of NX
- You are familiar with SAP
- You are be able to handle many tasks at the same time and communicate with different stakeholders from production, design, engineering, prototype build etc.
- You are outgoing, proactive and enthusiastic
- You are structured, innovative, and accommodating to challenges
- You possess the ability to work both independently and in teams. In addition, your approach to task solving is both analytical and practical
- You have good communication and English skills, both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark. Read more at www.siemens.com/windpower.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job via "Ansøg" link. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.
For further information about the recruitment process, please contact the recruiting team via phone: +45 4477 5772.
Deadline for applications: as soon as possible
If you want to know more about what it is like to work and live in Denmark, please read more at www.siemens.dk/moving-to-denmark.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder