Help us develop the connected future of the intelligent home. Join Sigma Designs to be part of the company behind Z-Wave, the leading wireless communication standard for the smart home and the Internet of Things.
A supportive, relaxed and success seeking work-culture
Joining Sigma Designs in Copenhagen, Denmark, you will experience a supportive work environment, where more than 50 people work together to create even more success. We are a multicultural office, where you will get many different perspectives and cooperate with enthusiastic, hard-working colleagues.
Currently, Z-Wave has been deployed in over 70 million smart home devices such as gateways, alarm systems, light switches, thermostats, door-locks, and so on. In the US alone, Z-Wave is rolled out in over 12 % of all households and globally, we are growing very rapidly.
Take responsibility for testing and benchmarking
Uniting applications, partners and technologies in one interoperable eco system, Z-Wave enables low cost and power conscious wireless home control applications. As our new software test engineer, you will be responsible for testing and benchmarking the Z-Wave protocol for wireless mesh networks. The tests cover all network functionality, including network management, routing and data transport.
Thus, your primary tasks will be to:
- Develop the test suite to increase both test coverage and automation for Z-Wave protocol and embedded sample applications
- Develop automated test system based on C# platform
- Analyse test results and handle system performance documentation of the Development Kit releases
- Work closely with Sigma Designs R&D and Technical Support Group to provide world-class quality of the Z-Wave Protocol
Social, self-motivated and independent engineer
To be able to succeed in this role, you need to be self-motivated and independent, particularly in terms of taking ownership of your tasks and reflecting on what to do and how to move forward. You are a high-energy, hard-working team player with a can-do attitude and a social, open-minded approach to your colleagues. Lastly, you have good communication skills in English, verbally and in writing.
Your professional background:
- You have a strong analytical and technical background with experience in SW development, test system development and data analysis & management systems
- You have experience with object-oriented programming
- You hold an MSc in electrical engineering (electronics or telecommunication)
- It is an advantage, if you have experience with scripting languages and automation processes and/or knowledge of standard wireless communication protocols
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Z-Wave Test Manager, Jekaterina Kaae, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please send your CV and your application marked “Software Test Engineer” via the application form below.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder