Would you like to use your experience with standardization to take charge of our Command Class framework?
Then this is your chance to:
- Work closely with a colleague to define interoperable solutions and standardize them
- Join a company that welcomes innovation where you will have a real say in how we do things
- Play a key role in a highly ingenious technology company that is taking the lead in a rapidly growing global market
Sigma Designs in Denmark develops innovative software and hardware for wireless home control and the IoT industry. Our patented Z-Wave technology platform consists of an open standard short-range data communications protocol as well as state-of-the-art Single Chips. Our technology enables low cost and power conscious wireless home control. The Z-Wave ecosystem includes more than 2100 certified interoperable devices, and 600 member companies make up the Z-Wave Alliance. Check out our website to get the full tour.
Shape our standardization
You will be part of a two-person team in our software department. Together, you are responsible for defining our command class framework and share the task of shaping our software and protocol standardization. As such, you look at the products, required functionalities and engage with all our partners as well as our R&D team. And based on this, you compose text proposals and arbitrate the final specifications approval for the product at hand. Thus, your main task is to ensure descriptions that are clear-cut and easily understood by all partners, formulated in a way that ensures the right use and installation of a given functionality. Moreover, you:
- Represent Sigma Designs in Z-Wave Application profiles development in the Z-Wave Alliance.
- Create certification test cases for the specifications.
- Drive the development of new Command Classes as editor of the specifications.
- Train and support the internal Sigma Designs organization in terms of framework.
Professional feedback in an open culture
Working closely with your colleague, you bounce ideas off each other and generally provide each other with feedback. Furthermore, you become a part of an international company and multicultural office counting approximately 50 people locally in Denmark. Near the developers in an open office space, you will find that you are a part of a strong and social group with a cooperative, solution-oriented culture and an informal tone.
Experience with standardization and excellent communication skills
- You have a relevant technical background such as MSc in engineering or equivalent.
- You have extensive experience with standardization work
- You have a strong analytical background and experience in design, implementation, test, and documentation, as this is key in handling your tasks.
- You have experience with C/C++ programming.
- Lastly, you have experience with wireless networks and communication protocols.
In addition to your technical skills, you are an excellent communicator who has the ability to put complex software into simple writing. Furthermore, you have strong interpersonal skills, enabling you to cooperate closely with colleagues and customers alike.
Intrigued? Then don’t hesitate to contact us.
For additional information, please contact Jonas Roum-Møller Z/IP Project Manager at +45 3913 0051 or Jonas_Roum-Moller@sigmadesigns.com.
Please forward your application marked ‘Software Specification Engineer” via the "Ansøg" link.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 3913 0051