Would you like to take up a key role, ensuring the software quality in our Jabra sound solutions and setting the direction for how we continue to develop world-class software?
At GN Audio, software is key to how our products perform. In this position, every day brings new and exciting challenges as well as the opportunity to plan your own activities and influence our software agenda.
Leading major technology shifts with intelligent audio solutions
Through our Jabra brand, GN Audio is known for balancing scientific research with expertise across advanced headsets and headphones to make life sound better for people around the world. Joining our Quality Assurance department, you will be the third member of our Software Quality team. Here, we are responsible for the quality of the software technology used in our physical devices as well as our apps, developed in Ballerup, Denmark, Xiamen, China, and by external vendors.
Ensure world-class software solutions across all Jabra products
Together with your team, you will play a significant role managing our global software quality and test procedures and ensure that all products comply before final launch. Also, you will function as an advisor and sounding board on software quality matters, primarily for the test managers that complete all software tests. As you will take a holistic approach to software quality across the brand, you will collaborate with many different stakeholders involved with software, e.g. R&D. You will:
- Review and approve test plans and results of software products in the release phase to ensure that they meet all quality requirements from a product life cycle perspective
- Monitor smaller and participate in larger product development projects, driving software quality assurance activities
- Be responsible for quality management of external software vendors developing our apps, ensuring Jabra quality alignment
- Take action on software quality issues or defects on existing products reported by our end users
- Improve software processes and test specifications in cooperation with the Software Development organisation
Preferably, you will work from our HQ in Ballerup, Denmark, but the right candidate can choose to work from Xiamen in China. If you work from Ballerup, you can expect approx. 5 travel days a year to visit suppliers or colleagues, primarily in Southeast China or India and potentially in other countries across EMEA and North America.
We accelerate performance by listening to our end users
In Software Quality, we work independently and support each other to reach a shared goal. You will become part of a small but extremely important team that as an independent quality function ensures Jabra’s software excellence.
“Software is a fast-growing focus area within Jabra as our software solutions are key to delivering unique sound experiences to our customers. This is why we continue to listen to our end users and challenge the entire organisation to raise the bar for our software solutions,” says Senior Manager, Software Quality, Per-Michael Poulsen.
Data-driven software engineer with quality management experience
As a person, you are persistent, and you thrive in a role with a broad reach where you issue the quality demands. You have a keen eye for details and know how to analyse and communicate data - and most importantly; how to make sound data-based decisions. You are customer-focused, but you also know how to get things done and balance high quality standards with business needs. Moreover, you:
- Have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electronic engineering or software engineering
- Have 5+ years of software engineering experience including experience in test/quality management and participating in product development projects
- Have experience with waterfall and agile methods, preferably SCRUM as well as traditional Stage Gate models
- Preferably know one or more of the following tools: JIRA, JAMA, TFS, Jenkins or L-Cov
- Are fluent in English in both speech and writing
Would you like to know more?
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than 9 July 2018. Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
If you want to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Senior Manager, Software Quality, Per-Michael Poulsen on +45 2070 3672.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder