Software product manager, Odense, Denmark
Are you an innovative, analytical and experienced Software Product Manager? Do you have experience working in a Product Owner role teaming up with engineering scrum teams to develop innovative new features and functionalities?
As our future Product Manager, you will work within a team environment of highly talented and dedicated peers of product managers. You will work closely with a global cross functional team consisting of engineering, design/UX, sales, manufacturing and operations and customer support to define, develop and manage new software functionalities. In the role you will also be interfacing with current and future potential customers to gather voice of customer data (VoC) data, analyze market needs, and use that information to identify meaningful business opportunities, inform product strategy, and prioritize product development.
Join Product Management and contribute to UR’s future product strategy
In short, our Product Management organization ensures that UR is developing the right products and functionalities. This is done through investigating and analyzing market needs and VoC data. Bringing this knowledge to our development organization and work with engineering and UX to design and deliver new products and features. By setting structure and following best practices for product introduction we ensure to deliver what we set out to within the given timeframe. In this way Product Management play a vital role in ensuring that we keep up with our ambitious roadmap and reaches our business goals.
What will you actually do
As part of Product Management, you will take part in ensuring the overall product management mission explained above, but your primary focus will be on development of Software functionalities. You will work closely together with especially our Software organization and SW Scrum teams located at our R&D site in Odense.
You will drive and lead software product process through:
- Creating detailed market requirements, customer use cases, business cases, detailed product requirements/user stories, and feature-benefit-value descriptions for new features
- Developing hands-on, in-depth knowledge of competitive products and maintain technical and commercial analysis of competitive strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinating the collection, description, analysis and prioritization of requests for product functionality from customers, prospects and internal constituencies
- Tracking feedback during beta testing of new products and features. Document and report problems and recommend solutions
- Working closely with the project manager and core team to ensure product requirements and milestones are met
- Working closely with the Software organization to prioritize, escalate and communicate resolution of high priority field reported issues
- Developing and communicate clear value proposition messaging for the products. Supported by relevant product training and marketing content
- Supporting marketing and sales by leading the development and maintenance of various technical marketing collateral including application notes, FAQs, product notes, user guides, field training presentations, online marketing content and demos
What does it take to become our new colleague?
Our Product Management team consists of 4 colleagues and you will be reporting to our Global Director of Product Management who is located in our Boston (US) office
You must be a strongminded proactive person who creates results through a structured approach, stakeholder management and collaboration. Collaboration is key in your role and you need to be a team player and a great communicator both in face-to-face communication, but certainly also over Skype/phone and other technology as your Project Management team are in Boston. Finding the right balance between working independently and goal driven while being a team player who keeps your team informed on status and challenges is essential.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Education
For you to be successful in the role we expect you to come with:
- Experience as a Product Manager/Product Owner bringing new products to market
- A Bachelor’s degree, or comparable industry experience in a technical role
- Proven experience as a Product Owner ushering complex products through the full product life cycle
- Demonstrable experience working in cross-functional teams composed of design, engineering, marketing and sales
- Demonstrable experience with agile product development processes that flows through stage gates, as well as with common customer development / VoC techniques
- An innate ability to build consensus and get the team excited about building new features and products
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America, Europe, and Asia, up to 1 - 2 weeks per quarter.
Ready to apply?
Send your application as soon as possible. We invite candidates in for interviews on a continuous basis.
Join Universal Robots
We are a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Our robotics arms help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer working environment.
Together, we find innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today. And we dare to do what others find impossible - working towards making bleeding edge technologies a reality for businesses of all sizes.
Learn more about joining UR here
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.