Software Engineer / Linux Specialist
In order to strengthen R&D, the company is looking for a dedicated Software Engineer / Linux Specialist, who will participate in developing the next generation of Silicom DK products
Silicom Denmark is growing and expanding rapidly with new cutting edge acceleration solutions for next-generation Cloud / Datacenters. In order to strengthen R&D, the company is looking for a dedicated Software Engineer / Linux Specialist, who will participate in developing the next generation of Silicom DK products. This position is newly created.
As a new Software Developer / Linux Specialist you will be involved in all phases of the development process – from idea to implementation and test. You will be working closely together with your colleagues in the SW group, Solution Architects and in FPGA, HW, Test, Sales & Marketing, and external partner teams.
Your primary tasks:
- Design and develop leading edge FPGA accelerated networking solutions in close collaboration with the customers
- Be a part of development projects ranging from small tasks of a couple of days to projects which take several months
- Development of Linux drivers
- Integrate components with open source software to build solutions
- Module testing and documentation
- Keep up to date on relevant new Linux Kernel development
You will have the opportunity to play an important role in help growing the SW group and Silicom Denmark by constantly improving the working processes and tool chain within SW Development.
Your profile includes:
- Advanced in Linux driver development and maintenance.
- Proficient in Git for development and patch/branch management
- Experienced in Linux Kernel upstream patch submission
- Having written software in GitHub with exposure to opensource development life cycle is desired
- Experienced C and C++ programmer
- Experience in Python
- Experience with profiling and debugging
- Familiar with Network programming IP, TCP, sockets and Ethernet (1G - 100G)
- Deep working knowledge of open source technologies
- Self-motivating and able to take ownership of tasks
- Team player, must thrive and be willing to work as a team
- Good at contributing and coming up with ideas
- Good English skills, written and spoken; Danish language is not a requirement
Furthermore, it is an advantage, if you have:
- Knowledge of OPAE
- Knowledge of DPDK
You will be a part of a highly-skilled, growing SW group. Silicom Denmark has an innovative, motivating, and dynamic development environment, where you will have the opportunity to gain influence and work with the newest technology. Furthermore, Silicom Denmark is characterized by a flat structure and open culture.
The ideal candidate has a software engineering education (candidate- or bachelor degree), combined with experience as a Software Developer in the electronic industry, e.g. datacom or telecom industry.
How to apply:
Please apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org; for further information, you are welcome to contact Selsøe & Partners ApS: Helle Selsøe +45 22733013.
About Silicom Denmark :
Silicom Denmark A/S, formerly Fiberblaze A/S, located in Søborg Denmark, is a Danish IT-and Datacom company founded in 2008. In 2014 Fiberblaze was acquired by Silicom Ltd. and is now a fully owned subsidiary. All Silicom Denmark’s development is driven and controlled out of our office in Denmark.
Silicom Denmark is a significant international OEM supplier of FPGA based high-performance Network Interface Cards for the Financial, Telecommunication, Datacenter / Cloud and Cyber Security sectors. The growth is fueled by Silicom Denmark’s ability to provide solutions matching customer requirements, from unconfigured hardware platforms to fully configured solutions.
Silicom Denmark’s portfolio includes Capture and Financial solutions within the range of 1 – 400Gb/s, unconfigured network cards as well as IP Cores for FPGAs and ASICs.
In Silicom Denmark you will join app. 45 dedicated colleagues in a flat informal organization with fast decision-making processes. The environment is very dynamic and characterized by innovation, a pioneering spirit and cooperation. The company culture is a “we culture” where everyone pitches in to influence projects and daily schedules. You will have the freedom to do your own planning, and you will be a part of a hardworking team that also takes the time to have fun.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.