Do you have the programming acumen to develop market leading industrial robots? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing and successful robotics company, where nothing is impossible? Do you get excited about working with 90 brilliant and talented colleagues with 10 different nationalities?
Then you are one of the Software Engineers Universal Robots is looking for.
Universal Robots is the worldwide market leader in collaborative robots. Our robots have revolutionized the way people work - not by making jobs redundant, but by improving productivity and creating a safer work environment.
Universal Robots is looking for highly-skilled employees who can meet the challenges of developing ground-breaking robots and bringing these to the market. The company is in the process of building its global organization and a strong market position. To learn more about our groundbreaking products visit http://www.universal-robots.com. Universal Robots is part of Teradyne Inc.
Designing the future
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of a highly skilled team whose members are jointly responsible for designing and maintaining the real-time controller software in our robots. The software is running on a Linux system and is responsible for converting script commands into robot movements. You will have the opportunity to apply complex math and physics in practice, domain-specific languages for robot control, communication protocols and much more.
Your colleagues are experts in many different areas such as mechanical design, embedded programming and user-friendly graphic interfaces. You will be part of a Scrum-team working cross-functionally with other SW Developers, UX Experts and Test Engineers.
Passion and perfection
Our mind is not set on a specific background and/or approach to this job. Perhaps you have several years of professional experience in software development, or perhaps you recently finished your software engineering education.
Either way we focus on your ability to contribute with:
- Strong mathematical understanding, linear algebra etc.
- Profound experience with combining and applying kinematics and physics theory
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and software architecture
- Experience with development of robust design specifications, e.g. D-FMEA
- Experience with preparation of test plans and -specifications
We aim to find the candidate, who:
- Is experienced programming in C++
- Is familiar with C, Python, bash etc. and working in a Linux environment
- Has knowledge of industrial protocols and field buses e.g. MODBUS
- Has a focus on quality with a solid understanding of Test-Driven Development
- Is experienced in working with continuous integration and revision control systems
- Fluent in written and spoken English
We expect you to be flexible and a fast-learner, as our set-up is continuously evolving. You are excited about development and results, and you have an analytical approach to your work. You are structured and know how to work independently as well as part of a team. You thrive in a busy working environment and like solving complex tasks.
Apply for the job:
Apply for this job via the "Ansøg" link. Please note that this is the only way we wish to receive applications.
When you apply, please send a copy of your exam papers including grades.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder