Software Development Engineer in the Jabra SDK Team
Make Jabra products accessible to external developers. Work for a globally recognized brand and make an impact on millions of users worldwide.
Have you ever picked up a Skype call using a pair of wireless headphones? If so, our software might have made it possible.
We need you to help us re-engineer our multiplatform Software Development Kit (SDK) for Jabra. Our customers use the SDK to connect our intelligent audio solutions to software like Skype and many other telecommunication applications. Join GN Audio and help make life sound better.
Welcome to GN Audio – home of Jabra
At GN Audio, we lead major technology shifts with intelligent audio solutions under the Jabra brand. Constantly growing, evolving and pushing for innovation, we have created the world’s first ultra noise-cancelling microphone, the first Bluetooth headset and the first sports headphones with an integrated heart rate monitor – just to name a few.
To allow external software to utilize our devices to their full potential, we develop and maintain multiplatform, multilanguage Software Development Kits (SDKs), publicly available and documented on the Jabra Developer Zone at https://developer.jabra.com. We also team up with other global players like Microsoft, Amazon and Google, establishing strategic partnerships and working directly with their developers to ensure that our products integrate seamlessly with their communication solutions.
Help us develop the toolbox that connects us to our clients
As part of the SDK team based at our headquarters in Ballerup, you will join project managers, product owners, scrum masters and fellow engineers in our mission to develop and maintain SDKs for our entire product portfolio. Integration with external software is an essential part of the Jabra value chain, and you are going to be a key player in that area.
We are currently undergoing a complete re-engineering of the Jabra SDK, and you will be instrumental in determining the shape and direction of it. You can therefore look forward to a lot of fresh and interesting design work to be involved with.
You will primarily work on Windows but as the Jabra SDK is available for multiple platforms and languages, we will introduce you to many different technologies over time.
We work in Scrum teams using two weeks sprints. Besides your daily team, you will be interacting with stakeholders and partners from inside and outside the organization located all over the world.
An open-minded person who takes pride in solid code
- You are an engineer with a few years of experience under your belt, or perhaps a brilliant young person fresh out of school. The important thing is that you are a doer with a true passion for software design and development
- You are familiar with .NET and C# and preferably know a little about JS/TypeScript and Node/Electron. Ideally you have an interest in audio, telephony and data communication protocols. C/C++ knowledge is a plus
- You are proud of your solid and readable code, and you strive to design practical APIs that feel self-explanatory and natural to use. You document your work professionally and provide programming examples to go with it
- You have ideas that you can back up and argue for rationally and convincingly. At the same time, you are open and respectful of others’ opinions and suggestions
- You have a good sense of humor and are an interesting and fun person to be with
- You speak and write fluent English, and you live or are willing to relocate near Copenhagen, Denmark
Interested? Apply today!
To apply, use the ‘Ansøg’ link no later than March 14th, 2021. We assess applications continuously, so please reach out to us as soon as possible. If you would like to show us some of your code, that is a plus, so make sure to include a link to your public GitHub repo, if you have one.
For more information you are welcome to contact Antonello Salvatucci, Manager, SDK Team on +45 5049 9724.
PLEASE NOTE: Hiring Manager is ONLY receiving relevant calls from candidates interested in learning more about the position!