Software development engineer
We are currently looking for a Software development engineer, with a focus on Signal Analysis for our Hand-Held team.
We are currently looking for a Software development engineer, with a focus on Signal Analysis for our Hand-Held team. This team develops what is probably the best and most well-known range of Sound Level Meters in the world. This role is based in Nærum, Denmark although we could consider international locations throughout Europe for the right candidate.
This team is responsible for everything from signal analysis to data handling on the sound level meter and all the way to the PC software and mobile apps. They use the latest technologies within Python/SciPy, NetBeans, Visual Studio .NET C#, Xamarin and Git for Source control. The team works with agile development process such as SCRUM and SAFe.
This position is a great opportunity for a seasoned Developer profile looking to take on a broad range of responsibilities in a diverse team. You will join a network of signal analysis professionals working with other platforms targeted the wider sound and vibration market. In this role, you get to play a key part in the future of some of the worlds’ leading devices within Sound Measurement.
You will have a big footprint on many products and have a great say in the design of the product.
Your daily work includes:
- Development and maintenance of Signal Analysis algorithms for Sound and Vibration measurements
- Participation in the full development process: requirement specification, design, coding, testing and documentation.
- Collaborate with Application Engineers to ensure the specification meets clients’ needs and wants Submission of Type Approvals to the relevant authorities.
You hold a Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Data Science or similar.
Further, one or more of the below is applicable:
- 3+ years relevant experience, either from a similar role or education
- Extensive knowledge of signal analysis
- Previous experience working with sound level meters would be an advantage
- Experience with Linux (shell scripting, CMake and build systems) would be an advantage
- Experience with Python and/or MatLab would be an advantage
- C++ and C# experience
- Naturally collaborative
- Previous experience working in a cross functional team would be a strong advantage
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Fluent English is a requirement, Danish or an additional language would be an advantage.
The job will provide you with an opportunity to work alongside with some of the best and most passionate technology experts from around the world in a leading company within the test and measurement industry.
You will be a strong contributor who collaborates closely with colleagues from various business functions all over the world.
Freedom with responsibility is the framework for HBK’s employees. This allows for a good balance between work and family life and for constant development of professional and personal skills in an international and enjoyable working environment. If you have any questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate contacting Marianne Mortensen on 28 29 21 88 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.
One company – HBK
On 1 January 2019, Brüel & Kjær and HBM merged their activities into a new company called HBK (Hottinger, Brüel & Kjær). With more than 3,000 employees worldwide and production facilities in Denmark, Germany, the UK, the USA, China and Portugal and presence in 80 countries, HBK becomes a leading player in the test and measurement area.
For further info please visit www.hbkworld.com.
HBK currently operates within the Test and Measurement segment of Spectris, the productivity-enhancing instrumentation and controls company.