Software Developers for tech-driven energy trading company
We want to pave the way for the green transition by making renewable energy a profitable business – and we need talented software developers like you to do it!
Danske Commodities is on a mission. We want to pave the way for the green transition by making renewable energy a profitable business – and we need talented software developers like you to do it!
Software Development at Danske Commodities
Danske Commodities (DC) is an energy trading company that specialises in short-term power and gas trading and offers balancing, optimisation and hedging services to energy producers and suppliers. Every day, we complete more than 15,000 trades across 39 countries, constantly moving energy from where there is more than needed to where it is needed most. You will join a team of 42 amazing software developers with a passion for their craft. We are a laid-back yet curious bunch and we eagerly seek out new technologies, practices and methodologies to incorporate into our daily work. Our culture is informal and learning-based – and you will get the opportunity to leverage your existing skill set and add new competencies along the way.
As software developers at DC, we get to develop systems and then actually see them used to make a difference. Not only that, but we are usually seated right next to our trading colleagues and frequently chat about how to make the software even better. The satisfaction from impacting the full lifecycle of our code is hard to describe. You will have to experience it for yourself!
Social team with a high degree of flexibility
We love to get together across the entire team for movie nights, go-karting, boardgames, biking, dinners and everything in between. Our teams take turn arranging something fun for everyone else. Oh, and then there is the mythical and unprecedented developer end-of-season holiday quiz… You don’t want to miss out! Some of us are also parents, and we understand what it means to be a professional developer and an ambitious parent at the same time. Need flexibility to make the batteries last all day? We got you covered on that as well.
Tech-stuff – always finding the best solution
On the technical side, we are primarily based on .NET6 although we venture into Python and Java when needed. We develop distributed systems using a splash of DDD. We use Apache Pulsar for brokering messages as well as data across the wire (we are proud contributors of the DotPulsar library). MSSQL is our go-to database but we have a select few other databases around as well. We talk REST or gRPC when synchronous communication is appropriate – sometimes with a bit of GraphQL as well.Software delivery is of course continuous and automated, and we deploy on both traditional VMs as well as our brand new OpenShift cluster. This also means that we are shifting from windows to Linux and from servers to containers.
Different work areas within Software Development
We are currently ramping up in several different development teams within Software Development:
- Financial systems
- Algorithmic trading systems
- Compliance systems
- Risk management systems
- Gas trading systems
- ETRM project
All of these offer unique challenges in a specific part of the energy trading domain. Each team owns one or more products which they develop to meet the ever-changing demands of the energy markets. You will be doing both greenfield and brownfield development. You will learn to take ideas and convert them to working systems running in a production environment. “You build it, you deploy it, you run it” is the mentality and you will learn to appreciate fully automated continuous integration and delivery.
- professional and easy-going colleagues who love developing software
- great opportunities for individual development
- flexible working hours, including the opportunity to work from home up to two days a week as per agreement with your direct leader
- numerous social and professional events, incl. sporting events, parties and smaller gatherings such as boardgame nights, minigolf and the like
- an office in the heart of Aarhus, next to the central train station
- Develop reliable and high-performing systems
- Maintain and continually improve proprietary systems
- Review other team members’ code and share learning points between you
- Be curious and keep learning new things
- Follow the technology development and new coding trends
We expect that you:
- become an expert in .NET or further your existing .NET skills
- want to be able to deliver software full-cycle – from requirements and coding to deployment, monitoring and maintenance
- want to collaborate with team members on how to improve the software craftsmanship in the team
We expect that you:
- are a team player, who values working across teams - but you also have the drive and discipline to work independently on your own areas of responsibility
- take a positive view: no job too big, no job too small – the team covers a wide range of tasks and we always help each other in getting the job done
- are able to apply yourself wherever you can add value
- are not afraid to take the lead if you have a great idea
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder