MedTrace Pharma A/S is working to eliminate diagnostic uncertainty by innovating medical imaging to help health care professionals diagnose patients better and faster.
We’re looking for Software Developers for cardiac applications, who would like to join our friendly, diverse team and help us usher in a new era in diagnostic medicine on a patented and unique platform.
You will be part of a small, versatile software development team, where you will be a big part of shaping the future in close collaboration with your colleagues in taking scientific research and turn it into clinical tools for image analysis of radioactive water PET scans. Your focus will be on generating new features that can be integrated into existing software products and go through the regulatory process to be placed in the market. You will work closely with different departments across the organization and borders, and report directly to the Head of Technical Development.
MedTrace is committed to building a diverse team including both men and women plus non-Danish passport holders. We are open to candidates at all phases of their careers. Our corporate language is English.
- Generate new features from research and making it a part of the clinical use
- Optimizing image analysis functions in MATLAB
- Giving input on GUI design
- Reviewing and vetting ideas with clinical stakeholders
- Writing code and software requirements and performing software tests
- Performing risk analyses of software and documenting code design
- Learning new software tools e.g., Enterprise Architect and Jenkins to support the MATLAB development process
- Develop software in accordance with the appropriate regulations and standards, e.g., IEC 62304 and IEC 82304
On a personal level you have a detail-oriented mindset with profound documentation skills. You have the ability to influence, communicate, and collaborate across an organization. As an individual, you are eager to learn new things and at the same time able to follow strict quality guidelines and prioritize among a large number of concurrent tasks. You are mathematically minded, and you might have an interest in biology, physiology, or medicine too. You thrive in an organization that includes diverse cultures and people at all organizational levels, and you are excited about the opportunity to be part of a growing company and help shape its future.
You move with ease between developing and documenting, and you balance an interest in detail with the ability to analyse and execute. You might describe yourself as structured, direction-setting and process-oriented, and with a sincere motivation to continuously improve.
Your personal qualities are supplemented with professional experience in the following:
- Profound knowledge and experience with using MATLAB for scientific purpose
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or another technical major
- Fluency in English (speaking & writing) with good communication skills
- Flexible and international mind-set
It will be an advance if:
- Have professional software development experience
- Have specific experience with developing image analysis algorithms
- Know Java, Angular, or TypeScript
- Can use Linux or Jenkins CI pipeline
- Have a certification in PRINCE2
- Hold a Ph.D. in a technical area
Please note that it is not essential to tick all of the boxes to be the right candidate for this position.
About MedTrace Pharma A/S
MedTrace is a development stage pharma device company moving into the clinical phase. Our solution is a fully automated 15O water hardware/software technology for cardiac PET diagnostic imaging, quantifying blood flow and perfusion. We believe we can improve diagnostic accuracy in PET perfusion examinations to the benefit of cardiac and oncology patients globally.
Our company was established in 2015 and is based in the greater Copenhagen area, with a presence in the US and Sweden. Our technology is currently in clinical use under magistral exemption and medical device exception at two hospitals in Denmark and has a further clinical footprint in Sweden and the Netherlands. The 1000th patient was recently dosed with 15O-water using our technology.
As part of our evolution into the clinical phase, we are expanding the size of our team. We are committed to building a diverse team of both men and women, at least 40% of whom hold non-Danish passports, and we are open to candidates at all phases of their careers.
Our team at MedTrace is made up of people who have drive, passion, and a sense of responsibility towards each other, plus a commitment to our technology, our customers, and the patients we serve. We work with a sense of purpose because we sincerely believe we can shape the future of this company and help reduce diagnostic uncertainty.
MedTrace operates from DTU Kongens Lyngby but will in March 2022 relocate headquarters to DTU Hørsholm. You can read more about us at www.medtrace.dk
For further information about the job, feel free to reach out to Mark Gockenbach at email@example.com
Interviews will be held on an ongoing basis, and we will take the opportunity to hire relevant candidates when identified.
Please send your CV & cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to reading your CV & cover letter.