We seek a talented software developer to help us create excellent software for our next generation helicopter-based geophysics system and in our mission to launch the first drone-based platform.
We seek a talented developer to help us create excellent software for our next generation helicopter-based geophysics system and in our mission to launch the first drone-based platform.
Airborne Instruments develops and manufactures equipment for airborne geophysical systems operated by SkyTEM Surveys. SkyTEM was founded to help secure drinking-water resources in Denmark by creating detailed subsurface maps. Today the technology is used worldwide for the same purpose as well as to localize minerals and plan infrastructure projects.
Airborne Instruments shares headquarters with SkyTEM (Lisbjerg, Aarhus N, Denmark) and we work closely together on the development. We are a small group of 14 people responsible for developing, testing and manufacturing the entire system from carbon fibre frame through analogue and digital electronics and the software that controls it. That means you will be able to participate in the entire process from idea generation to testing in the field, but also that we expect you to be able to collaborate across disciplines.
Depending on your skill set you will participate in:
- Integrating new sensor solutions from low level hardware interfaces to high level
- interaction with the rest of the system
- Web-based user interface development
- Linux driver development to interface with our FPGA backbone
- Overall system-architecture and interface design
- Establishing an automated testbench and continuous integration workflows
- Designing analogue and digital electronics
We have the backlog filled with valuable projects, so the ideal candidate excels at moving projects forward to the finish line to deliver value
We currently focus on improving our workflow. In recent years we have created recipe-based deployments and development environments. In the near future we will work on remote deployment, continuous integration and automated testing. Experience here will be highly valued.
What we seek in this hire is to be able to move faster and add experience where we need it the most. Your work will take outset in accelerating our current projects, but as a small team we constantly adapt roles and skills to needs and interests. We are also responsible for setting the direction of the development which means large influence on the work.
You will join a team of five that focuses on electronics and software. We believe that a significant component in performance is a natural interest in the projects and technologies and a supportive environment where work feels like play. We believe that the best results are achieved in strong collaboration where all stakeholders take part in the decisions.
In the team we value people who
- believe that team performance is more important than the individual, but are capable of driving their own projects
- like to receive and give honest feedback
- have a natural curiosity and desire to learn and develop
- take pride in the work and seek to constantly improve
- openly share mistakes and see it as a part of making a difference
If the above resonates with you, we would love to hear from you. Applications should be sent via the "Apply" button. For more information, please contact Chief Software Engineer Gregers Poulsen +45 24297637.
Relevant candidates will be interviewed as applications are received and the position is open immediately.
Application deadline: 29. November 2021.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.