Want to architect software, steer technical work of multiple teams, ensure we have an architecture which allow us to deliver high quality SW for automotive and industrial Ethernet products? Do you have hands-on experience with “C” for embedded targets, have a taste for good “C” APIs, want to spend your time doing both architectural documents, hands-on work in close collaboration with the SW development teams and System Engineering team – then you may just be the candidate we are looking for.
Microchip Denmark has an R&D site located in Herlev. We are a team of 35 engineers, developing Ethernet network switches for Enterprise, Industrial and automotive markets. The Denmark site represents all the engineering disciplines from initial product definition, RTL design, SW development, reference systems and technical support. Microchip Denmark is part of the Microchip USB and Networking Group (UNG), which has sites in USA, India, and China.
As SW Architect you will be involved in 1-3 projects at a time, ideally from project kick-off and all the way until we have a successful product. Many SW projects will start at your desk, where you will be responsible for doing the initial definition of the SW work and the associated architecture. Once a project enters the development phase you will be working with the team to fix architectural issues which come up, help overcome technical challenges, review interfaces/code, and offer technical leadership as needed. Your day-to-day tasks will often depend on the teams needs, but over time it will include both hands-on coding work, requirements and architecture specification and talking with customers.
Education and Qualifications:
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D.
- 5+ years of experience with embedded C programming and can read/write/re-view C APIs (header files).
- SW Requirement specification, including gathering input from standards, customers, and system engineering.
- Good team player skills, and not foreign to offer technical leadership on projects where this is needed.
- Good English communication skills – written as well as oral.
- A plus if you have experience with: Ethernet, Managing small teams, SW security technologies, GIT, C++, ASPICE, Functional safety standards, Linux user-space/kernel-space, working with open-source communities, working with standardization bodies.
What we offer?
- An influential role to develop the SW architecture and/or offer technical leadership on multiple projects.
- Join a large organization with multiple experienced teams working in a variety of different SW projects including upstream Linux drivers, OS agnostic drivers, turn-key SW solutions.
- Direct access to experts developing the relevant HW, chips, network technologies and standards.
- International work environment and opportunities to travel, and working together with different cultures,
- Options to work-from-home 1-2 days a week, parental leave, occasional social gatherings.
- Informal, pleasant office environment with options for individual or 2–3-man offices. Breakfast, lunch, coffee, and fruit in the cafeteria
- Competitive compensation including employee share option plan.
- Competitive benefits such as: Pension, Healthcare, Stock Options etc.
If you’re interested and feel that you have the right skills that we’re looking for, apply today via the apply button
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder