Site & Land Rights Manager
Join us and become Site & Land Rights Manager in Land & Property which is responsible for land acquisition and cable crossing/proximity agreements
Site & Land Rights Manager for offshore wind farms and associated infrastructure
Would you like to take up the challenge of delivering and managing the land and agreements that enable the construction and operations of our offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Site & Land Rights Manager in Land & Property which is responsible for land acquisition and cable crossing/proximity agreements. From harbour leases to cable easements and major oil pipeline crossing agreements, the department works on diverse and challenging projects across all our existing and new markets.
The department is part of Wind Power which has 1,800 employees and is one of four business units in DONG Energy. Wind Power is the world's largest developer and operator of offshore wind power, and we use our unique knowledge in all phases of our wind turbine projects. During the last 20 years, we have developed and constructed the largest portfolio of offshore wind farms in Northern Europe, and we are expanding with international activities in the US and Asia-Pacific.
You may choose freely to be based at our Victoria, London office in the United Kingdom or alternatively at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area in Denmark on local terms and conditions. However, you should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Your key tasks will be to
- advise projects on the approach to land acquisition, including budgets and programmes
- manage consultants undertaking transactions on the company's behalf
- personally handle high-value or high-risk negotiations
- ensure that construction and operational activities comply with land and other agreements
- deliver and implement compulsory purchase, expropriation or eminent domain powers, if required.
In addition, you will advise on the land and real estate elements of M&A activities, manage and provide instructions to external lawyers and deputise for the Head of Land & Property, if necessary.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- have extensive experience in land and commercial negotiations in the energy or infrastructure sectors
- have experience in managing suppliers and consultants delivering transactions on your behalf
- have experience of working for a developer on energy or infrastructure projects (eg cables, pipelines, telecoms, onshore or offshore oil and gas, road or railway schemes)
- speak and write English fluently
- thrive in an international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders.
Ideally, you are a Chartered Surveyor, or have an International Rights of Way Association accreditation, and possess project management qualifications.
It is desirable that you have experience of negotiating crossing and proximity agreements with pipeline and cable owners. Preferrably, you have worked in a corporate environment where land and real estate are not primary functions. Due to our expanding work in new markets, competences in Traditional Chinese or eligibility to undertake work in the USA would be considered an advantage.
The ability to make a difference by adapting and applying your skills to an exciting area of infrastructure development in an international context.
In DONG Energy Wind Power, we have a high level of expertise and many complex and challenging work tasks. We work goal-oriented and efficiently with some of the world's largest offshore wind projects, and we are committed to reducing the cost of electricity.
For the United Kingdom, please do not hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com.
For Denmark, please do not hesitate to contact Mark Gillard, Head of Land & Property, on telephone +44 7827 8410 870 if you want to know more about the position.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than at 18:00 on 31 August 2017, as we will be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Click on the button to submit your application.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder