The Danish Signalling Programme - as the largest in kind in Europe - is fully engaged with replacement of all conventional (Fjernbane) signalling system on Banedanmark’s national railway with ERTMS Level 2, Baseline 3 technology. This makes Denmark the first member of European Railway to implement ERTMS on a national scale.
We are looking for a new team member to join the Design and Development team in the Fjernbane East Project.
The Fjernbane East project is responsible for the introduction of the European Railway Traffic Management System (ERTMS) for the East Region, i.e. Zealand and Funen.
The project is supported by an international supplier base and consultants from across Europe.
You will participate in site-specific design and engineering topics as well as provide technical support for the other project teams, such as for installations, testing and commissioning. You will have a role in an international team, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders. Therefore, we are looking for a solution oriented person with good communication and leadership skills.
Technical tasks, documentation and support
As a Signalling System Engineer you are going to dive into and understand related specific technologies in use, such as train operations and rules, traffic management, interlocking and ETCS train control, telecom and IT security.
Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Requirements elicitation and review; system, sub-system and interface specification.
- Review and verification of Suppliers design documentation and deliveries to ensure fulfilment of customer functional and non-functional requirements.
- Provide the necessary technical input for System design and Schematics for all the ERTMS/ETCS subsystems and ensure timely customer deliveries as input to Suppliers design.
- Conduct technical liaison and change negotiation with suppliers.
- Review System Baselines and their contents to be delivered by the supplier
- Elicitation and review of Supplier test plan and procedures, and analysis of defects.
- Support and when necessary participate in the suppliers and customer tests in lab and field
Solution oriented engineer with control systems experience
We are looking for a new colleague who presumably holds a university or college degree in Engineering within the fields of Electronics, Telecommunication or Computer Science. Preferably you have experience in the development and integration of control systems within the railway industry, and knowledge of ERTMS/ETCS and GSM-R is an asset.
As a colleague, you are able to both take direction as well as give direction when needed. Your team working skills are the best, and you are solution oriented in your approach. You communicate well with people of a different professional and disciplinary background than your own, also when it comes to your technical writing skills. Finally, you communicate effortlessly in English as our organization consists of 20 different nationalities and our working language is English.
You will be employed in relation to the current labour agreement and your salary is settled based on your experiences and qualifications.
Contact and application
If you want to know more about the position, please contact Sektionschef Bagher Ghias Haddadan. Please send us your application and resume as soon as possible. To apply for the position, click on the box “Ansøg” and follow the instructions.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder