Senior WTG Load Engineer for offshore wind farms
Would you like to be part of a team dedicated to optimising the design and operation of our worldwide wind farms, so that we can one day create a world that runs entirely on green energy?
Join us and become Senior WTG Load Engineer for offshore wind farms in the Metocean & Loads department. The department is primarily responsible for the assessment of wind and marine conditions for our future offshore wind farms, as well as for calculating loads for the design of offshore wind turbine structures. We support our organisation with expert knowledge on issues related to loads, aerodynamics and control from feasibility and concept studies to detailed design and follow-up in the operations phase.
Your key tasks will be to
- enhance our aeroelastic code DEFlex to increase the accuracy of our wind turbine models and add new features to facilitate the design of the support structures
- design and implement enhancements to increase the power production of our wind turbines in collaboration with our Advanced Analytics lab
- participate in the development of other tools.
Additionally, there’ll be opportunities to participate in other tasks across the team and across the department.
Your competences include that you
- have a master’s degree in engineering and extensive proven experience in building aeroelastic models and calculating loads on wind turbines, preferably from a wind turbine manufacturer
- have advanced knowledge of structural dynamics and aeroelasticity
- have a deep understanding of rotor aerodynamics and control and protection systems in relation to loads and stability
- have strong programming skills in MATLAB and/or Python.
You’re passionate and able to generate new ideas, and you proactively engage with relevant stakeholders across the organisation to identify new opportunities. Furthermore, you have an analytical and structured approach, and you strive to improve methods on a continuous basis. You’re a team player, and as such you provide and welcome feedback and create momentum in the team by proactively sharing knowledge and inspiring the other team members.
You thrive in an international environment, working with colleagues of various nationalities and different professional and cultural backgrounds. Thus, it’s essential that you have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Working at Ørsted
Our vision is to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. This ambitious goal relies on maximising the talents of a truly inclusive workforce that brings diversity of thought, perspective, knowledge and background to our business.
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 22 September 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Torben Søndergaard, Head of Metocean & Loads, by telephone on +45 9955 7125 or Juan Quirante, Team Leader of WTG Modelling & Technology, by telephone on +45 9955 2490 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.