Would you like to be responsible for coordinating the planning and optimisation of the conceptual design and layout of offshore wind farms?
Join us and become Senior Concept and Layout Engineer in Wind Farm Concept Department which is responsible for the layout and concept optimisations for our wind farm projects. You'll help optimise and plan the scope for development of technical wind farm concepts and layout for offshore wind farm development projects.
Your key tasks will be to
- optimise planned wind farm layouts, conceptual technical designs and installation setups to improve the technical solution and business case
- analyse and coordinate internal stakeholders and occasional external stakeholders in relations to the technical design envelope and consent processes
- analyse different wind farm scenarios by combining WTG's, foundation concepts, positioning of substations, turbines and array cables in close cooperation with the project managers, engineering leads and consent managers for each area
- perform technical scope management and coordinate technical interfaces
- coordinate, challenge and ensure alignment across all case drivers, including technical specifications, CAPEX, OPEX, ABEX, yield and risk, and you'll optimise processes.
- Additionally, you'll perform the role of both an offshore wind farm specialist and a project manager. You'll be working in a matrix organisation with a line manager and will also report directly to the technical project manager in the individual development projects. You'll be responsible for preparing and coordinating the full technical scope and layout for the windfarm.
Your qualifications and core competences include that you
- preferably, have a master's degree in engineering or a similar discipline
- have experience with offshore wind farms or offshore works, within the fields of wind turbines, electrical systems or offshore installation processes
- have good analytical understanding of the cross-disciplinary effects between the technical solutions and the business cases
- can easily work with many stakeholders and you have a strong personal communication style
- are very proactive by nature and your drive to create results is visible and proven from previous positions.
Moreover, you have the desire to use your specialist competences in a project development environment where you'll play a key role in ensuring that our conceptual design of the wind farms is challenged and secured throughout the development process. You speak and write English.
Some of your key motivators are to be challenged daily on your personal and professional skills, as well as to have the opportunity to challenge others. Therefore, you're able to draw on strong people and analytical skills, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks in a true cross-organisational position.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 18 February 2018 at 18:00 CET, as we'll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
For Denmark, please don't hesitate to contact Tove Dalsgaard, Head of Wind Farm Concept, +45 9955 5721 if you'd like to know more about the position.
For the United Kingdom, please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com
All UK-based positions will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening, further details will be given at offer stage.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder