Do you have a solid 5-10 years’ experience with UX design outside a pure digital domain? Are you motivated by two days never being the same and working with different disciplines towards seemingly impossible goals to reach the product intent?
Do you thrive in a serious and trustful, yet relaxed environment where there is plenty of room for that funny remark that makes the day?
Welcome to GN Audio – we know sound
Here at Jabra (GN Audio A/S), we are thriving and expanding, so we invite you to join the UX team within the R&D department in Ballerup. Here, you will take part in defining core customer journeys and key experiences during early stages of development for our next generation of audio and video devices.
UX, in our context, is about understanding the core user needs and combining these with business capabilities and insights from R&D. In other words, we turn business targets and UX insights into tangible requirements and designs.
Become our UX front runner
If the job was easy – it would not be for you, right? So, we have a few challenges lined up that may interest you:
- We are completely revising our way of defining our products, and we want you to enrich this by blending in customer journeys and experience definitions where it makes sense. Although you have a good theoretical UX background, you refrain from “academic” UX discussions and instead focus on balancing user/customer needs with the capabilities and other perspectives of the organization.
- You have tried being a “UX front runner” before and understand the need for ensuring a landing pad before you take off. Someone always needs your work, and through excellent networking and organizational know-how, you know how to find and satisfy that need.
- We are in a highly competitive market where mediocre design just won’t make the cut. This means there is a high demand on creativity and quality of design and solutions, whilst maintaining a high pace. In turn, this requires finding and prioritizing the most important aspects of a product to focus on. You will bring both documented experience and a large range of tools and methods to facilitate this with an outset in design thinking.
- You love coaching less senior colleagues to help them mature.
- You like presenting not only your work, but also your methods, so the organization learns from you.
What’s in it for you?
Joining us, we can guarantee joyful days with a fantastic team who have a good sense of humor. You will get the opportunity to learn how consumer electronic products are defined, designed, and manufactured by a large Danish company’s R&D department. And last but not least, you will be part of a work environment where there’s always room, and a need, for improving the ways we work.
As a person, you are actively seeking feedback, and you are easy-going and curious. As part of a team, you collaborate around plans and targets, yet you can work and deliver independently. You realize that product making is a big machine with many viewpoints and stakeholders, and you maneuver through these with a conscious choice of methods and by distinguishing personal taste from professional opinions.
You easily keep an overview of the big picture, as well as the finer details, understanding why they are important and how everything ties together. Lastly, you can explain your reasoning, listen to challenges and make decisions.
- Every individual in our team has a professional "edge" where they lift the whole team. In your application, please let us know what your edge is (i.e. how is your T-shape?).
- You need to have documented work at senior level with UX (≠ UI), preferably for consumer electronics. Experience with pure digital UI/web/app is fine, but not very relevant for this job.
- It’s also an advantage to have had hands-on experience with the later stages of the R&D product creation lifecycle (industrialization and after-market) as this is a crucial foundation for designing doable experiences.
- You have worked successfully with many stakeholders from various parts of an organization.
Would you like to apply, or know more?
Applications are assessed on a continuous basis, and as such, we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. Final deadline is February 25, 2020.
Please attach both a cover letter with motivation and a CV (applications with only CVs will not be evaluated). Student jobs or other positions before you graduated must be clearly distinguishable in the CV.
If you would like to learn more about the position, you are welcome to contact Nikolaj Nøhr-Rasmussen (Director, User Experience) on +45 2224 8455.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder