Senior Ultrasound Research Engineer
Fingerprints are seeking a senior ultrasound research engineer to strengthen our R&D team in developing future fingerprint systems for mobile phones and other portable devices...
Fingerprints are seeking a senior ultrasound research engineer to strengthen our R&D team in developing future fingerprint systems for mobile phones and other portable devices.
Fingerprints is a world leader capacitive fingerprint sensing and is expanding its technology portfolio to include alternative sensing techniques including ultrasonic sensing.
As a senior Ultrasound Engineer, you are expected to strengthen our research and development efforts on novel ultrasonic fingerprint sensing. You will play a key role in further developing the unique ultrasonic sensing technology at Fingerprints. With your deep understanding of the science of ultrasound and long experience in working with ultrasonic systems, you are expected to greatly contribute to the design of our ultrasound fingerprint sensor. You will achieve this by directly solving the technical challenges as well as by taking a technical leadership role in sub-projects.
You are also expected to spend time on investigating state-of-the-art ultrasonic sensing technologies through attending conferences, reviewing publications, and patent analysis. You will also participate in development of Fingerprints’ IP portfolio to secure the long-term competitiveness of the company.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contribute to design and implementation of Fingerprints’ ultrasonic sensor.
- Lead sub-projects and take ownership of technical milestones and major deliverables.
- Take responsibilities in communicating with Fingerprints’ customers as well as suppliers to secure the success of the project.
- Perform thorough analysis on acoustic performance of the sensor through reviewing the collected measurement data.
- Design experiments and oversee their implementation for extracting complementary measurement data.
- Perform theoretical analysis to describe the sensor’s behavior from extracted data.
- Define numerical analysis as well as finite element simulations (COMSOL) and contribute to their implementations to gain further insight to sensor’s behavior.
- Take an active role in analyzing patents and relevant IPs within the field.
- Take part in developing and filing new ideas.
This role is interdisciplinary and you will work in a cross-functional team during development of new sensors. The work location is in Copenhagen.
International travel to Fingerprints suppliers, partners, and customers may occur.
You are expected to have an in-depth knowledge within ultrasound including acoustic materials (e.g. piezoelectric materials), ultrasound wave propagation, and ultrasonic sensors. You have worked and preferably been involved in the development of ultrasonic sensors or systems and transducers and have solid experience in characterizing such systems. Your experience may come from working with piezo ceramics/composites, MEMS based transducers such as PMUTs and CMUTs or similar acoustic systems. You are expected to have good working experience in MATLAB and COMSOL.
This role requires a Master of Science in Engineering, such as in electronics, applied physics, acoustics, or similar. A flair and a passion for setting up accurate lab verification experiments and critically evaluating measurements against predictions is an important skill. Previous industrial experience is a big advantage. With the right profile, less experienced candidates will be considered as well.
Success in this role requires:
- Deep understanding of ultrasound science and engineering.
- Solid experience in characterization and measurements of ultrasonic systems.
- Industrial experience in designing or developing ultrasonic sensors or systems.
- A background within ultrasound, acoustics, sonar, non-destructive testing (NDT), medical ultrasound, or similar is a big plus.
- Analytical mindset and ability to quickly learn new areas and understand new technologies.
- Interest and an aptitude for working with everything from technical details to broader system engineering.
You need to be fluent in spoken and written English and not opposed to traveling abroad.
You also have essential qualities such as being ambitious, motivated and flexible. You need to be comfortable working in a growing company, where you will be expected to assume considerable personal responsibility for your own activities and the company’s success. This also requires you to be a team player who contributes to an open and positive atmosphere in the workplace.
We would like to have your application and CV as soon as possible, but not later than March 25th, 2018. Your application will be handled by our Senior Recruiter Martin Karlsson. If you have any questions regarding the position please contact hiering manager Farzan Ghavanini email@example.com. Apply for the position via the "Ansøg" link found on this page.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder