Senior Telecom/Utility Engineer for design of Offshore Wind Substations (OSS)
We invite you to bring your professional engineering background and passion for sustainable energy into play, as you contribute to the development of future offshore wind development projects around the world to support the increasing demand for green energy.
To succeed in this role, you must have an excellent technical background combined with the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across Ramboll’s geographies.
Are you our new Senior Telecom/Utility Engineer? Click the apply-button to send your application.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Electrical, Instrumentation and Telecom department
As our new Senior Telecom/Utility Engineer, you will be part of an exceptional technical environment with 30 passionate colleagues. The department is highly experienced and delivers engineering and consultancy services on a global scale within the energy sector.
The primary focus areas of the department are the offshore wind and oil and gas sectors. Our services cover the disciplines Electrical, SCADA, Instrumentation and Telecom/Utility. We cover all aspects of a project including concept and feasibility studies, detailed engineering, EPC and follow-up engineering.
You will manage your Discipline team and work closely with other disciplines in a collaborative environment to deliver exciting offshore substation projects for our clients.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Discipline lead of multidisciplinary project teams in all execution phases from early development over detailed design to construction phase
- Perform design and lead telecom/utility work and calculations
- Perform engineering specifications incl. technical datasheets and design for some of the following systems: LAN/WAN, Wi-Fi, Telephone, Fiber distribution, CCTV, PA/GA, Radio communication, LTE, Line of Sight and collision avoidance
- Knowledge of OT security (IEC 62443, ISO 27001 or NERC CIP) is an advantage, but not a requirement
- Provide input for procurement and handle technical clarifications before and during execution phase
- Provide input for and participate in FAT, SAT and commissioning
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree within a relevant area
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in telecom/utilty design within offshore windfarms, electrification, power plants, oil and gas or similar industries
- Strong communication skills in both Danish and English (written and verbally)
Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- You enjoy client contact and confidently engage with clients
- You are a confident communicator with superior stakeholder management skills
- You are a great team player
- You are a natural leader able to motivate multidisciplinary teams across geographical borders
Welcome to our Energy division
Ramboll is at the forefront of addressing the green transition and offers a holistic approach to energy that supports the sector on the journey towards more sustainable solutions. With 1,800 experts in 14 countries, covering the full spectrum of technologies and all parts of the value chain from production and transmission to distribution, we plan, design and implement energy solutions all over the world.
Ramboll in Denmark
Ramboll is a leading engineering, architecture and consultancy company founded in Denmark in 1945, with 16,500 employees globally. In Denmark, we are 3,500 colleagues delivering innovative solutions within Buildings, Transport, Water, Environment and Health, Energy and Management Consulting. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future, working in an open, collaborative and empowering culture.
An equal opportunity employer
At Ramboll, we respect human rights and believe that equality, diversity and inclusion foster the best results and a welcoming work environment without discrimination or harassment. Ramboll conducts all relations with its employees and applicants for employment in accordance with the applicable laws, directives, and regulations of the many countries in which we do business.
We invite everyone to become a part of our journey. We believe that diversity is a strength and that differences between people add value to our organization and allows us to play our part in creating sustainable societies.
How to apply
Apply online. Attach your CV, cover letter and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.
Deadline: 15th August 2021
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.