Senior Technical Project Lead for wind turbine procurement and contracting
Do you want to be part of the implementation of an efficient, flexible and green strategy when building wind farms from Europe to the US and Asia Pacific?
Join us and become Senior Technical Project Lead in Wind Turbines, Technical Project Management where you’ll be responsible for managing and driving the technical track in our tendering and contracting phase (TSA track) in the procurement of wind turbines to our pipeline of projects.
The department is part of Engineering’s Wind Turbines functional area and consists of approx. 10 employees allocated to both project development, procurement/TSA negotiations and in asset projects during execution. The job is a new position that we offer due to growth in our project pipeline.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage and internally drive the technical part of the procurement process of wind turbines, including implementation of lessons learnt in Employers Requirements from relevant stakeholders in the relevant documents
- manage and lead the technical negotiations track with the turbine supplier(s)
- prepare the technical documents and drive the internal approval process of these, making them ready to be included in the turbine supply agreement (TSA)
- ensure coordination, planning and staffing of all work in relation to compiling Employers Requirements and the technical sections of the turbine supply agreement
- participate in EU prequalification processes, issue invitations to tender as well as perform tender evaluation and selection of preferred contractors.
We operate in a matrix organisation, and you’ll be allocated to a project-specific procurement team, reporting to the Procurement Manager.
You’ll play a key role with stakeholders in our Product Line, Procurement, Technical Departments, Operations, QHSE organisations and senior/chief specialists, ensuring that our high business standards and targets are implemented and met, in order for us to stay in front in a highly competitive and global market.
Your competences include that you
- have extensive experience within the wind turbine industry, and you most likely have a track record in tendering and/or negotiating technical contracts, e.g. the TSA, SWA or in the supply chain
- have a technical background combined with a solid commercial understanding of cost drivers, risk allocation and how to build a strong business case
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, can demonstrate a strategic mindset and can stay focused on the end result during a hectic negotiation phase.
- are results-oriented and flexible in relation to workload with a strong commitment to meet deadlines
- speak and write English fluently.
You thrive in a fast-moving and international environment and are able to create good relationships with your stakeholders. You cooperate with colleagues with varying backgrounds and across different organisational levels, which means that excellent leadership and communication skills, verbally and in writing, combined with strong interpersonal and negotiating skills are key to succeed in this position.
You should expect some travelling in relation to your work, mainly between our locations in Gentofte and Skærbæk and to the contractors’ premises.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 28 June 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper I. Michelsen, Manager of Technical Project Management, by telephone on +45 9955 2566 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Criminal record certificate
Please note, that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.