Senior Technical Project Lead for technical project management
Do you want to be part of the implementation of an efficient, flexible and green strategy and manage all technical aspects related to wind turbines in our large offshore wind farm projects?
Join us and become Senior Technical Project Lead in the Wind Turbines - Technical Management department. As Senior Technical Project Lead, you’ll manage a small team of engineers. You’ll be responsible for managing all the technical aspects of the wind turbine scope while driving your team performance and ensuring delivery on project objectives. You’ll report to the Wind Turbine Project Manager.
Wind Turbines - Technical Management consists of a young team of 8-10 colleagues in the functional area EPC Wind Turbines - Project Management. We deliver the technical project management of the scope in the WTG package, we create value through interface coordination between the packages, scope and risk management and integration of leassons learnt. We work passionately, take responsibility and drive progress.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage Employer’s Requirements, technical specification and WTG scope management in relation to the delivery of the wind farm, including risk management
- conduct technical discussions and clarifications with suppliers
- participate in the negotiation of contracts, including work instructions, variation orders and claims
- manage communication and recording of technical solutions agreed with the Contractor
- handle team leadership and ensure human resource planning and follow-up within the technical team.
Furthermore, you’ll be responsible for driving HSE within the technical team to ensure compliance with project targets. You’ll manage QA/QC of design solutions, technical interfaces to foundations, electrical, SCADA, etc. You’ll also conduct stakeholder management towards our Product Line, Procurement, Operations, etc. Your responsibilities will also include delivery of WTG-related parts of the certification package, delivery of technical documentation and participation in handover to Operations.
Your competences include that you
- have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or similar
- have extensive project management experience and, preferably, have a PMP certification or similar
- have skills and knowledge within a combination of wind turbine technology, offshore construction works and contract management
- have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks
- speak and write English fluently.
Furthermore, you thrive in an international environment and can create good relationships with your stakeholders. In the projects, you’ll cooperate with colleagues with various nationalities and backgrounds, in different time zones and at different organisational levels. Thus, excellent leadership and communication skills, verbally and in writing, combined with strong interpersonal skills are the key to success in this position.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application in English to us as soon as possible and no later than 13 February 2019, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper I. Michelsen, Head of Department, by telephone on +45 9955 2566 if you’d like to know more about the position.
You should expect some extended business trips in connection with meetings, site visits and working in a global setup with EPC organisations both in and outside Europe.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.