Machine learning specialist for medical ultrasound imaging
BK Medical is looking for a machine learning specialist to design applications and algorithms for intraoperative ultrasound imaging. You will be working on solutions for diagnostic decision support, image interpretation and co registration between intra operative ultrasound and pre-operative imaging. The role will also drive requirements on the system design to facilitate for data collection, machine learning and inference. You will also be expected to take on a technical leadership role for a small team of software engineers during the implementation of algorithms on the ultrasound system platform.
Machine learning, and artificial intelligence will have a transformative effect on the intraoperative ultrasound market as these technologies addresses some of the key limitations associated with ultrasound; namely, to provide perceived image quality equal to magnetic resonance imaging and automation to streamline surgical workflow to let the surgeon focus on the treatment and create a transparent and intuitive ultrasound imaging experience.
You will stand front and center in this transformation and make sure that BK Medical stays in front of the competition in intraoperative ultrasound imaging. In this role, you will be able to shape the future of BK Medical in the context of machine learning.
You will be a part of an ultrasound system engineering and technology team consisting of approximately 20 PhD level ultrasound engineers and scientists both in Denmark and the United Sates, with expertise within ultrasound imaging, algorithms, system architecture and clinical applications. The role will act in a cross functional environment with projects in basic technology studies to technically lead feature implementation. There will be extensive collaboration with the SW team, clinical team and product management. You will also interface with the hardware architects when defining requirements on the ultrasound system. A natural part of the work will be to collaborate with key clinical experts in intraoperative imaging to define and design appealing applications and solve relevant clinical problems.
- Take on technical leadership for algorithm development in relation to Machine learning
- Design new concepts for diagnostic decision support for intraoperative ultrasound
- Work in cross functional teams taking ranging from clinical experts to HW architects and SW engineers.
- Clearly understand real world clinical problems and providing practical solutions to these problems using machine learning
- Work in an agile development environment
- You have a PhD in mathematical modeling, physics or SW related science
- 5+ years of experience with machine learning, preferably in medical imaging
You have experience with Tools for designing and training neural network:
-Tensorflow, Optimizing the architecture, Handle overfitting, Cross-validation, Network growth and pruning algorithms, Keras, Python
- It is also good if you have experience with optimizing neural networks using e.g. Intel Model optimizer or Nvidia TensorRT
- Experience with signal processing and adaptive filtering
- You are a self-motivated person that has a passion for creating results that matter
- You like to work in teams with cross functional experience
- You have no problem in taking on a technical leadership role
- You master the English language written and spoken
At BK Medical we develop, manufacture, sell and market our products to end customers who are both hospitals and private medical clinics.
At our European headquarters in Herlev the work atmosphere is casual, and our organizational structure is flat. We have a good staff canteen focusing on health and variety, we have private health insurance and pension plans as well as social joint events and several staff clubs.
You can look here and learn more about us and the job.
If you have any questions you are welcome to contact Fredrik Gran, Director Applications and Technology, Phone: +45 2851 9530, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are continuously conducting interviews
We are looking forward to your application via the "Ansøg" link.
Mark the application: Sr. System Engineer - Machine Learning
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.