Senior Structural Manager responsible for managing the design of offshore substations
Are you eager to make a difference and contribute to the development and design of offshore substations for our offshore wind projects?
Join us and become Senior Structural Manager in Offshore Structural Engineering Management where you’ll be given a unique opportunity to follow a project though its stages from development to design, including follow-up during fabrication and installation until handover to operation and maintenance. You’ll be directly responsible for the technical scope of offshore substations in respect of all matters relating to structural steel design, general layout and mechanical equipment as well as fire and safety.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage and follow up on the design prepared by an external engineering consultant, which means facilitating meetings and workshops, keeping track of progress, reviewing design documentation, etc.
- establish scope of service and design basis within the structural and mechanical as well as fire and safety scope
- ensure internal coordination to make sure that the input needed for the design process is received in due time
- prepare technical requirements for the fabrication and installation contract
- follow-up on design work prepared by the fabrication contractor, reply to technical queries and secure contractors’ progress within own disciplines.
Furthermore, you’ll be present at the yard during the fabrication of the project and ensure that the execution complies with the design requirements/specifications.
In the projects, you’ll report directly to the offshore substation package manager and proactively collaborate with the substation electrical manager, who is responsible for all electrical equipment on the offshore substation, and with the substation installation manager to ensure safe and feasible installation.
Your competences include that you
- have extensive experience as an engineering or discipline manager
- have a master’s degree in structural or offshore engineering and have proven project management skills
- have a sound understanding of what drives structural design of offshore topsides and substructures
- have experience with managing design consultants or fabrication contractors from the offshore wind or oil and gas industry
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Moreover, you’re able to make decisions and drive the design process, including proactively ensuring high quality and innovative design of offshore substations. You have excellent insights into the planning of engineering tasks to be performed during a project and a highly developed ability to foresee possible obstructions which may affect the progress of the project, and you’re able to motivate contractors and stakeholders to deliver within deadlines.
Furthermore, you share lessons learned with your colleagues in the team.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 2 December 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kenneth M. Vinther-Bjerg, Head of Offshore Structural Engineering Management, by telephone on +45 9955 8521 if you’d like to know more about the position.
As many of our future projects may be located outside Europe, flexibility towards expatriation in relation to the work and cultural awareness are highly valued in connection with the position. In addition, you should expect travelling in Europe and abroad in relation to your work.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may procure a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.