Senior Structural Manager responsible for designing offshore substations
Are you eager to make a difference and contribute to the development and design of offshore substations for our offshore wind projects?
Join us and become Senior Structural Manager in Offshore Structural Engineering Management. Together with your 13 colleagues, you’ll be responsible for managing engineering activities for our offshore substations throughout development, execution and installation until handover to operation and maintenance. You’ll be directly responsible for the technical scope of our offshore substations in relation to all matters relating to structural steel design, general layout, mechanical equipment as well as fire and safety.
Your key tasks will be to
- manage and follow up on the design performed by an external engineering consultant
- establish scope of service and design basis within the structural, mechanical as well as fire and safety scope
- coordinate and make sure that required input needed for the design process is received in due time from internal stakeholders
- prepare technical requirements for fabrication and installation contract
- follow-up on design work prepared by the fabrication contractor, reply on technical queries and secure contractors progress within own disciplines.
In the projects, you’ll refer directly to the Offshore Substation Package Manager and proactively collaborate with the Substation Electrical Manager who is responsible for all electrical equipment on the offshore substation and with the Substation Installation Manager to ensure safe and feasible installation.
Your competences include that you
- have extensive experience as an engineering or discipline manager
- hold a master’s degree in structural or offshore engineering and have excellent skills within project management
- have a sound understanding of what drives structural design of offshore topsides and jackets
- have experience with managing design consultants or fabrication contractors from the offshore wind or oil and gas industry
- have excellent communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Moreover, you have the ability to make decisions and drive the design process hereunder proactively ensure high quality and innovative design of offshore substation topside and substructure performed by the engineering and fabrication contractor. You have excellent insight in planning of engineering tasks to be performed during detailed design and when project changes from internal and external stakeholders occur. You have a highly developed ability to foresee possible obstructions which may affect the progress of the project, and are able to motivate contractors and stakeholders to deliver within deadlines.
Furthermore, you share lesson learned with your colleagues in the team.
As many of Ørsted’s future projects may be located outside Europe, expatriation in relation to the work may be an opportunity, and flexibility and cultural awareness are highly valued competences. In addition, you should expect some travelling in Europe and abroad in relation to your work.
Working at Ørsted
To be the frontrunner in the green energy transformation, we invest significantly in innovation and empower our employees to help shape the renewable energy technologies of the future. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential.
Would you like to help shape the renewable technologies of the future?
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than 25 January 2018, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Kenneth M. Vinther-Bjerg, Head of Offshore Structural Engineering Management, by telephone on +45 9955 8521 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 9955 8521