Wood Thilsted is an advanced engineering company specialised in structural and geotechnical engineering of offshore and onshore structures. We operate globally with projects located in Northern Europe, Asia and North America and beyond, currently employing over 100 people in Denmark and the UK.
This role can be based in Bristol, London, Aarhus, Copenhagen or Vejle - with remote working supported during Covid-19.
We are searching for ambitious and capable Senior Structural Engineers to join our company.
To our clients, we offer design and structural analysis of fixed and floating offshore foundations, as well as management advice on wind farm developments. As a company, we strive for technical excellence and to provide the best overall value to the projects developed by our clients. We also aim to internally have a strong culture based on mutual trust, knowledge sharing and a good social atmosphere, and we deliberately organise ourselves to avoid geographical or technical silo mentality.
Areas of responsibility:
The job opening is for a Senior Structural Engineer within the Secondary Structures department. Your main objective is to develop and enhance the Wood Thilsted Secondary Structures design and capabilities. In addition, you will work on challenging and large-scale offshore wind projects where you will provide high-quality deliverables to our clients for the design of wind turbine foundations. In your role you will:
- Guide and support offshore wind projects with high-end structural design for Secondary Structures, working closely in a small skilled team. You will work in close relation with our drafters using 3D modelling and an understanding of offshore design and regulations to deliver world-class solutions.
- Liaise with your colleagues and the senior staff to ensure the highest quality of your work
- Work closely with drafters to produce design drawings for reflecting the design
- Deliver the Secondary Steel design documentation for secondary structures and be responsible for your deliverables through a third-party certification process
- Use your knowledge to prepare detailed engineering reports and memos documenting engineering analyses
- Take part in the development of in-house engineering software applied for secondary steel design
Whilst your focus will be on the Secondary Structures, we believe that you’ll work best, and will stay engaged if you get involved in multiple areas of our projects. We really value the ability to innovate, creating solutions where none previously existed, so if that sounds like you, Wood Thilsted would like to get in contact with you. Opportunities also exist for long- or short-term postings abroad.
The opening applies for our offices in Copenhagen, Vejle, Aarhus, London or Bristol, based on local terms and conditions. You should expect some travelling in Northern Europe in relation to your work.
You should hold a master's degree in Mechanical/Civil engineering. You should thrive in an international environment and speak and write English fluently. You will have a strong drive and take initiative and responsibility for your assignments and get motivated by creating excellent results through teamwork. It is essential that you possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with clients and other consultants effectively. Furthermore, it is advantageous if you have:
- proven,relevant experience as a professional offshore structural engineer in offshore wind
- Preferable experience with secondary steel design and appurtenance design for offshore wind structures
- An understanding of relevant design codes and standards such as DNVGL, Eurocode 3 etc.
- Experience with application of 3D FE for structural analysis
- Experience with fabrication processes of steel structures, preferable for the offshore industry
- Have experience with design of concrete structures, including layout of reinforcement, casting processes, and the capability to produce the underlaying calculations and documentation
In return, we offer you excellent opportunities to influence your daily work with a large degree of flexibility, develop new competences and work on interesting assignments.
Please apply by using the direct link where you will have the opportunity to upload a CV and enter your details for consideration.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.