Imagine a future where you’re playing a key role in the structural design of support structures for our future offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll design support structures for offshore wind turbines and substations from the conceptual phase to detailed design as well as ensure the integrity of our existing structures and enable e.g. turbine upgrades and lifetime extensions.
Welcome to Structures & Loads
You’ll be part of the Primary Structures Execution team where you, together with your colleagues, will design support structures for our future offshore wind farms and contribute to the development and refining of design methods and assumptions, ensuring alignment across functional areas within the EPC & Operations business unit. The team is an integral part of Structures & Loads where collaboration with other teams is fundamental to our daily work, and to strengthen this, there are good opportunities to work across the department and do job rotations.
You’ll play an important role in:
- designing and verifying offshore support structures using state-of-the art knowledge, and in compliance with norms and standards, by means of both in-house design tools and commercial software
- contributing to the continual development of the design of support structures and best practices
- developing and refining design methods and assumptions
- working in close cooperation with other highly specialised engineering disciplines, especially the Metocean Assessment & Structural Loads team
- implementing lessons learned and new solutions.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant engineering degree (MSc) and experience in designing offshore structures, e.g. jackets or monopiles – preferably for offshore wind
- have detailed knowledge of and interest in topics such as fatigue, buckling, finite element analysis, structural dynamics, hydrodynamics, and soil-structure interaction – knowledge of load calculations is an advantage
- have technical leadership skills, which are key to supporting others and driving tasks forward in an increasingly complex industry
- possess good communication skills and are fluent in written and spoken English
- are curious, outgoing, proactive, and engaging in your approach to problem-solving and enjoy knowledge-sharing and collaborating with colleagues
- have a positive attitude, a keen eye for opportunities, and a strong drive to understand, challenge, improve, and optimise.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 14 february. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Henrik Hauge Thomsen, Manager, on +4599556951 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.