Metroselskabet & the Greater Copenhagen Light Rail is seeking to employ a Senior Structural Engineer. You will be employed in our Engineering Division, providing engineering services to a range of internal projects from planning to construction phase.
The company has an expanding project portfolio and is about to start the construction of the Sydhavn metro extension to Cityringen with 4,5km of twin tube TBM segmental tunnels and 5 underground stations, as well as the light rail project including multiple concrete structures crossing roads and railway. Furthermore, the company has a substantial long-term pipeline of projects with new lines and underground developments already in a screening phase.
Field of Responsibility
- Review of Contractor design and execution documents (Design Reports & Drawings, Method Statements, etc.) applying an Integrative holistic approach across disciplines.
- Implementation of BIM in the design review process
- Coordinate structural related matters between multiple disciplines (Architectural, Mechanical & Electrical, etc.).
- Manage Contractor interface. Act as client’s representative in discussions with the Contractor and the Authorities.
- You are cooperative, and a good communicator. You are able to chair a meeting to produce productive outcomes.
- You are persistent and able to defend the Company’s position/goals in meetings with Contractors, Authorities, Neighbours and Third Party Contractors.
- You have and develop a comprehensive overview across disciplines, i.e. with regard to the integration of structural design, mechanical and electrical installations, architecture, and safety aspects.
- You have knowledge of BIM and the management of 3-D combined drawing.
- You’re structured, pragmatic, and solution-oriented.
- You are able to work independently.
- You are able to find the correct balance between the best technical/theoretical design solutions and the practical on site applicability, with focus on administering the contractual requirements.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Fluent in Danish is beneficial.
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering with 6+ years experience.
- Experience working in design of underground structures.
- Experience in BIM application.
- Metro construction and operation experience is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Able to develop structural concepts and tender design.
- Able to review/check a design and provide clear, coherent feedback.
- Skills in chairing a meeting.
- Metroselskabet & the Greater Copenhagen Light Rail offers a challenging and independent job in a dynamic organization. We offer attractive wages and terms of employment, a good working environment and good colleagues.
- You will be part of one of the biggest and most challenging infrastructure projects in Northern Europe.
For further information, please contact Head of Engineering, Andreas Koester, phone No. +45 3311 1700.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.