Senior Structural Engineer - Design of steel structure of offshore wind turbines
Do you want to design steel structures for offshore wind foundations? And do you want to join a team of world-leading designers of foundation structures? Then keep on reading.
Designing world class steel structures
As a Senior Structural Engineer you will be responsible for designing the foundation structures of offshore wind turbines using our in-house software and/or other specialized programs.
You will also prepare documentation and reports towards our clients. You will work closely together within your multi-disciplinary project team and with other stakeholders in our organization on projects ranging from conceptual to detailed design.
We offer you the opportunity to be responsible for tasks such as:
- Foundation modelling of structural components in specialized software
- Preparation of high quality documentation, reflecting the state-of-art design works performed
- Development and optimization of design through skilled examination of results and important design drivers
- Perform Quality Assurance of computer models and project documentation
- Presentation of design methods and results in client meetings
- Contribution to Ramboll’s technical development in the field of primary steel design and geotechnology
Strong analytical skills and an innovative mindset
We work in a dynamic and challenging environment where every project demands new tailor-made solutions. It is therefore important that you show commitment and that you are able to apply your technical knowledge to real life tasks. At the same time, you are an excellent team worker which makes you an appreciated colleague and a good sparring partner to your clients. Finally, you take responsibility for actions in your projects, and it is natural for you to set high standards for quality.
We expect you to have the following skills and experience:
- PhD or M.Sc. in Engineering, structural, civil, or mechanical
- 5-8 years of experience from a similar role where you have a proven track record of achieving certification of detailed design projects
- Experience in several of the following areas: steel design including specifications for fabrication, geotechnical design, hydrodynamics, wind loading on turbines, jacket design, monopile design or dynamic structural behavior
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and fluency in English
Your new colleagues
Ramboll Offshore Wind in Copenhagen is part of the overall Wind Division in Ramboll. We are currently 33 people out of an organization of approx. 120. We are located in Esbjerg, Aarhus, Copenhagen, Hamburg and London where our focus is on design of foundation structures for offshore wind turbines. Our projects typically contain the design related services for offshore foundations, including all necessary design calculations, documentation and drawings to enable the project getting approval for construction.
For further information about the position, please e-mail your questions to Head of Department for Offshore Wind, Santiago Paredes-Pinzón at email@example.com
If you are interested in applying, please send your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the "Ansøg" link to apply. Please remember to attach your cover letter describing how you think you can contribute to Ramboll. Do not forget to attach your CV and exam paper when applying.
Send your application no later than March 19, 2018.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder