Senior Structural & Concrete Engineer
You will be employed in our Engineering Division, providing engineering services to a range of internal projects
Metroselskabet & the Greater Copenhagen Light Rail is seeking to employ a Senior Structural & Concrete Engineer. You will be employed in our Engineering Division, providing engineering services to a range of internal projects from planning to construction phase.
Metroselskabet & the Greater Copenhagen Light Rail has an expanding project portfolio and is about to start the construction of the Sydhavn metro extension to Cityringen with 4,5km of twin tube TBM segmental tunnels and 5 underground stations, as well as the lightrail project including multiple concrete structures crossing road and railway. Furthermore, the company has a substantial long‐term pipeline of projects with new lines and underground developments already in a screening phase.
Field of Responsibility
- Review of tender designs for upcoming projects, including contract & specifications.
- Review of detailed design and execution documents (Design Reports & Drawings, Method Statements, etc.).
- Review and monitor procedures regarding pre‐testing of constituents and concrete mix designs, full scale trials and production testing from establishing the initial specifications to the completion of the construction works at site.
- Non‐conformance handling of concrete related matters including reviewing, commenting and discussions with the contractor regarding root cause, remedial action, preventive action and closure.
- As built handling of structural and concrete related matters including reviewing, commenting and discussions regarding content and format with special focus on testing and documentation of material properties related to concrete constituents and in situ cast concrete.
- Internal support with participation in various areas such as:
- Input to future projects.
- Review of quality documents and participation in audits.
- Assessment of existing structures and input to O&M specifications and manuals.
- Coordinate between multiple disciplines (Architectural, Mechanical & Electrical, etc.).
- Interface to other internal departments (Construction, Supervision, Planning etc.).
- Manage Contractor interface.
- You are cooperative, and a good communicator. You are able to chair a meeting to produce productive outcomes.
- You are persistent and able to defend the Company’s position/goals in meetings with Contractors, Authorities, Neighbours and Third Party Contractors.
- You’re structured, pragmatic, and solution‐oriented.
- You are able to work independently.
- You are able to find the correct balance between the best technical/theoretical design solutions and the practical on site applicability, with focus on administering the contractual requirements.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written. Fluent in Danish is beneficial.
- Minimum Bachelor of Engineering with 8+ years experience.
- Experience working with underground structures, both in design and construction.
- Metro construction and operation experience is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Theoretical and on site experience regarding concrete testing, concrete works and concrete construction.
- Able to review/check a design and provide clear, coherent feedback in both oral and written form.
- Skills in chairing a meeting.
- Metroselskabet & the Greater Copenhagen Light Rail offer a challenging and independent job in a dynamic organization. We offer attractive wages and terms of employment, a good working environment and good colleagues.
- You will be part of one of the biggest and most challenging infrastructure projects in Northern Europe.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 3311 1700