At the VELUX Group, we give you the chance to grow. To shape your own career. To work in an international environment. To be part of a company that leads the market in sustainable indoor living. We offer you a world of opportunities - if you have the ability and the drive to take them. Discover more at velux.com/career or velux.dk/karriere
Would you like to play a key role in the development of future sustainable products?
For decades, VELUX products have contributed to sustainable and healthy buildings and living conditions. We have an ambitious sustainable agenda and now offer you a unique opportunity to become part of a dedicated team and impact the VELUX Sustainability Strategy 2030.
You will join our Material & Product development team and be part of our cross-functional Product Sustainability project team. Your main responsibility will be to use assessment tools and provide technical insight and argumentation that set the standards and drive the direction of future product development towards even healthier buildings that are carbon, material and energy efficient.
Our product development especially focuses on elements like sustainable roof windows, shutters, blinds, etc. In the process, you will cooperate with stakeholders and a variety of internal colleagues. This involves Product Development, Standardisation and Technical Documentation, Global Product Management and external partners within sustainable product design and system architecture.
During the product development process, your tasks will also be to:
- Assess materials and manufacturing processes as an integrated part of the product development process, including the use of raw materials , recycling, energy consumption, waste and emissions
- Perform life cycle assessment (LCA) of the products by using design tools and simulations to assess the eco impact throughout the entire product life cycle
- Develop and provide input on design tools and a more systematic assessment approach, so we can increase the recyclability of our products
- Support the implementation of a more integrated LCA approach in Product Development
- Act as a trusted partner for internal stakeholders regarding material choices and recycling solutions
Besides your knowledge of sustainable product development, you also have a keen business understanding. You know how to communicate technical topics in an understandable and compelling way to get things rolling - and to establish a common ground for taking action and initiating development activities.
- Hold a degree in science or engineering, e.g. a MSc in environmental engineering or similar
- Have solid experience with sustainable product development and preferably also circular design
- Are familiar with basic eco design tools, Excel and LCA models
- Have the flexibility to travel 30-50 days a year to gain insights into our global business and collaborate with external partners
- Speak and write English effortlessly
- Preferably have a background where you worked in an international and intercultural environment
In addition to operating at a highly professional level, our team is characterised by an informal tone and a healthy sense of humour - with respect for each other both as team players and as individuals. We are a strong value-based company where commitment, thoroughness and mutual respect are among our core values, and teamwork and professionalism are essential to the way we work.
”Essentially, you will help us create a greener future and a sustainable society. And your decisions will have a high impact on our sustainable strategy 2030,” explains Christian Wagner, VP Global Technology.
Application and contact
If you would like to know more about this opportunity and the VELUX Group, please feel free to contact Christian Wagner, VP Global Technology, by telephone +45 2461 1299.
We look forward to receiving your application and CV as soon as possible.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.