Are you passionate about delivering high quality software to thousands of users? Do you have a sense of detail, and are you targeted and focused on shipping products with high quality? Are you technically oriented and love working with web technologies? Then you might be exactly who we are looking for…
As a Senior Software Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for making sure that our products meet the high Quality standards set for the products. You will be working with Product Owners, Developers, Designers in an Agile team. You will bring your quality engineering expertise and help build quality in our products by asking the right questions, clarifying the assumptions, and working closely with the Product teams.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated, technically oriented Quality Engineer, as you will play an important role in the Quality Engineering initiatives targeted towards optimizing our operational efficiency as we scale rapidly.
We are located in central Copenhagen near Nyhavn, the Royal Danish Playhouse and Kgs. Nytorv metro station, and you will refer to the Director of Quality Engineering.
- Execute upon our Quality Engineering strategy, including leveraging tools, technologies and processes.
- Interact with cross functional teams on understanding requirements, identify testing needs, design test plan, execute tests, overlook testing efforts for assigned projects or features.
- Analyze and understand each project's environment, architecture, and interdependencies to determine and apply appropriate test methodologies and cases, relative to products being tested.
- Run the regression tests in an efficient way.
- Trouble shoot the defects found and report them with appropriate details.
- Perform defect tracking and regression monitoring throughout product release & lifecycle.
- Help establish severity and scope of issues to guide prioritization for resolution.
- Report project test status to cross functional team and to the Management.
- Implement the initiatives and plan set by the QE department to improve quality engineering processes.
- Work closely with automation engineers on setting an automation strategy for the assigned projects or features, and help the QE team progress in Test Automation.
We expect you to have
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 3-5+ years of recent professional Software Quality Engineering experience, preferably in a commercial software product development domain, (e.g. SaaS, etc.)
- Basic knowledge and understanding of web based software/protocols and database concepts.
- Strong technical background as an individual contributor testing web applications.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies and principles.
- Experience and proven expertise in designing effective test plans, creating test cases, executing test, uncovering defects, reporting problems, verifying fixes and certifying software for delivery to customers.
- Expertise in trouble shooting issues for further analysis and fix by development teams.
- Is always learning, curious, open to new ideas, and keeps on top of the industry & technology trends.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We prefer that you have
- Hands-on experience with any object oriented programming language is a huge plus.
- Understanding, and appreciation for Test Automation.
- Jenkins, TeamCity, JIRA knowledge
- Oracle, NoSQL Database like Cassandra
Siteimprove is a Danish founded global company of 320 employees that provides web governance tools to thousands of customers worldwide. Our user-friendly tools make it easy and simple for web editors and teams to make their websites better and accessible for all people. In addition to our headquarters in the heart of Copenhagen, we have offices in Minneapolis, London, Berlin, Vienna, Amsterdam, Oslo, Toronto, and Sydney. Our customers are spread across North America, Europe, and Australia. We are growing fast, a growth that reflects our success in the rapidly emerging space of web governance. We are proud of our results and are dedicated to our mission of making the web better for all. We are a dynamic team of ambitious colleagues who work hard to retain and positively surprise our customers through world-leading products and services, and we constantly challenge each other in order to keep learning and improving. This all translates to a fun and exciting work environment.
We are proud to be a socially responsible company, internally and externally.
Do you find the position exciting and do you believe you can live up to our expectations? Apply here by submitting your CV and a cover letter as soon as possible, but no later than October 21 2016 If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Talent Acquisition Specialist, Katrine Rav Degenkolv at firstname.lastname@example.org or for more specific questions regarding the position, you are welcome to contact Director of Quality Engineering, Vijaya Natarajan, email@example.com.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder