Our client - The Enterprise Mobility Company - is the global leader in enterprise wireless communications. Since 1990, the organisation has deployed over 3 million purpose built devices to customers around the world enabling millions of workers to work smarter with more efficient and reliable enterprise communications. Their solutions enable voice, texts, alarms, alerts and key applications. They are highly interoperable with the leading enterprise call control, Wi-Fi access points and workflow applications. The company has a strong network of partners selling mobile workforce solutions that are purpose-built for staff working in sectors including healthcare, retail and manufacturing. Headquartered in Colorado, USA, the company has its EMEA sales headquarters in London, UK and will continue to leverage the unique expertise of its technical and sales support centre of excellence, based in Horsens, Denmark.
Summary of Responsibilities:
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to become part of a growing engineering team focused on creating world class DECT telecommunication systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing new embedded and application software for enterprise-class DECT communication products. The position will also involve support and improvement of existing software products.
The position involves cross functional interaction with Test Engineering, Product Management, Software Quality Assurance, Global Services, and occasionally Sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- New product development, from defining system architecture through design and coding of features, platforms, prototypes on preliminary and final products
- Must be able to work well in teams as well as individual assignments
- Support of existing and legacy products when issues are escalated from Operations or Customer Support
- Designing and developing web-based and mobile applications
- Troubleshooting complex system level defects and implementing efficient fixes
- Developing and troubleshooting SIP based applications
- Working in both a scrum and iterative design methods, helping the team to continuously improve
- Improving code quality through the use of unit tests, test automation, code reviews and other software development best practices
- Continuously looking for opportunities to improve our processes and products
- Collaborate with other developers, QA team members and customers to produce high quality software
- Must work with modern software design tool chains
Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science, or BSEE degree with software development experience plus 5+ years of industrial experience
- Linux & gcc
- ANSI C and C++
- Software design & documentation
- Most have been working on developing for embedded systems
- Most have experience with real-time systems
- Most have experience with communication protocols, incl. wireless communication
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required to communicate and resolve issues across multiple functions
- Able to work closely with other members (some possibly remote) of the engineering team to meet rapid development timelines
- Work effectively on multiple, concurrent projects with minimal oversight.
- Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities, exercise good judgment and meet schedules with minimal supervision
- Writing test specs.
- Experience with some of the following topics are preferable:
- Java and HTML
Here, you’ll have an opportunity to work in an established, profitable company on well-respected, globally distributed products. The company has a rich history of developing innovative products that solve customer communication challenges. They are excited about the future and are making significant investments in new products. They have an incredibly dedicated and passionate team with a renewed focus on continuing to dominate their industry.
The culture and the atmosphere is open, collaborative and a place where engineers have fun building great products together.
Horsens, Denmark (telecommuting considered)
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder