Senior software developer with a personal drive
Do you know how to evolve large-scale software solutions and work with a team of developers to realize the visions? Do you step in where others give up, with a passion and drive to make a difference when meeting opportunities and challenges?
Our software and IT development is in demand, and our development is driven in several project streams based on clearly defined APIs. By exploring the newest software technologies and trends, we strive to improve and refine our solutions to meet our customers’ needs.
We are a team of ~100 professionals located primarily in Hillerød, Denmark and St. Petersburg, Russia, and we are looking for a strong senior software developer to join the team and help us to further advance our strong position in networked instruments. You will be part of the transition from classic client/server solution to a cloud based Web-application for connecting instruments as the solid foundation for providing new online services. The project has four distributed development teams and a smaller management team in Hillerød that you will join.
We look for an experienced senior SW developer with strong architectural and communicative competences that can make simple, scalable and well-documented solutions together with a distributed team and who brings new inspiration to the team.
- Take responsibility for a distributed team of developers
- Drive the evolution of the architecture to meet the strategic goals of the product
- Extend and evolve APIs to allow easy access for external developers
- Refactor existing solution to accommodate new requirements and adapt new technologies
- Identify technical debt and provide solutions to eliminate these
- Facilitate design and code reviews
- Take the lead on critical support incidents
- Set the standard for good code quality, incl. test coverage and performance
Qualifications and skills
- A university degree in computer science
- Solid experience with client/server development
- Proficient in C#/.NET development
- Capable of database development and management (MSSQL)
- Proven ability to design, create and document relevant solutions that hit the mark
- Knows how to acquire knowledge and information you may be missing
- Familiar with Web-based development and Azure applications
- Familiar with Agile development methods (Scrum/Kanban) is a benefit
We expect there will be around 5-10 days of travelling a year.
To be successful in the role, you are a team player with drive and passion. You hold strong communication skills, and you have the ability to build relationships with others. You are comfortable working with teams based in multiple locations and possess a sound cultural awareness.
You have a structured approach to work, and take responsibility for your tasks. Furthermore, you are proactive, open about your own work, and have a natural interest in your teammates’ work.
It is a prerequisite that you are fluent in Danish and English.
We offer a challenging job in an international and innovative company that is a world leader in its field. You will get the opportunity to work with the most advanced technology, together with highly skilled colleagues in strong teams and cross-functional projects.
You will be part of Team Software Development, which counts 65 professionals. Additionally, FOSS has 35 professionals working for our outsourcing partner in St. Petersburg. The software and tools are based on Microsoft .NET technologies.
Send your application using the link below. If you have any questions, please contact Senior Manager for R&D Software, Mikkel Helsted, phone: +45 3920 1795.
The application deadline is 15.04.2018 but we will review applications on an ongoing basis and the vacancy may be filled earlier, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!
All applications for vacant positions will be welcomed and considered on the relative merits of the applicant against the role profile for the position regardless of race, nationality, ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, family status, age, or religion.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder
Tlf.: +45 3920 1795