Pioneer a brighter future
At Novozymes, we work in close partnership with our customers to create a better world every day. For those around us, each other and for the next generation. We use science to advance industries, and as part of our R&D team, you’ll create and develop the biological answers that will pave the way for a brighter future.
Senior Scientist, Microbiomics & Microbe Discovery, Lyngby DK
In the Microbiomics and Microbe Discovery Department we drive the generation and analysis of Microbiomics data to support Novozymes' vision to provide biological solutions for a more sustainable future. As a Microbiome Senior Scientist, you will be instrumental in advancing the field of microbiome technologies for discovery through data analysis and collaborative research. You will be a key player in the design and data analysis of research projects pertaining to eg.: comparative microbiomics, integrative omics, transcriptomics, metagenomics, and the development of computational pipelines for these analyses.
You are a team player and have an innovative and curious mind that is capable of performing world-class research. You have a strong drive for creating results, have a strong passion and curious scientific mind-set and skills to make a difference in the world. You are excited about being part of a global community aligned towards a common mission and collaborating with other researchers from different backgrounds and expertise. You are strong in communicating ideas and results using excellent written and verbal skills. You are a problem solver, who can frame large and complex questions into smaller, more actionable tasks. You have a passion and excitement about microbiome science and its potential to provide sustainable solutions to global problems.
In this position you need to:
- Hold a PhD degree in bioinformatics, microbiology or microbial ecology with a focus on data analysis
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience from a similar position in a leading academic or industrial lab
- Have previous experience with or knowledge of the following types of analyses as demonstrated by publications in peer-reviewed journals: genome assembly, comparative microbiomics, metagenomics, microbiome amplicon sequence datasets, transcriptomics, integrative 'omics analyses
- Have Knowledge of statistical analyses used for microbiome data analysis
- Work proficient in a UNIX-based environment using open-source command-line tools for data analysis and extensive experience with one or more scripting languages such as Python or R
- Through a holistic view and good understanding of physiology of plants, animals or humans, have a strong experience/interest in the field of systems biology.
Are you the next Zymer in our team? Consider a career with Novozymes and let’s realize your potential together.
Novozymes is the world leader in bioinnovation. Together with customers across a broad array of industries, we create tomorrow’s biosolutions, improving our customers’ business and the use of our planet’s resources. With over 700 products used in 130 countries, Novozymes’ bioinnovations improve industrial performance and safeguard the world’s resources by offering superior and sustainable solutions for tomorrow’s ever-changing marketplace.
For more information, please contact Sr Dept. Mgr, Head of Technology Scouting, Mads Bjørnvad, at email@example.com
Application deadline: May 29th. 2020, but upload your application and CV as soon as possible as we will have interviews on an ongoing basis.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder