Imagine a future where you secure the wind turbine SCADA and control deliverables in our offshore wind farms around the world
Join us in this role where you’ll handle the SCADA and control elements of our wind turbine deliverables. You’ll cover all phases of this process, from detailed hardware and software design through to installation, commissioning, and verification, until the final handover to Operations. You’ll also utilise your project and stakeholder management skills, whilst planning and coordinating the many activities between the different parties involved, whether in the office, in virtual meetings, or on site.
Welcome to SCADA
You’ll be part of SCADA WTG where you, together with your colleagues will use your proficiency in SCADA and Electrical Engineering to realise our high ambitions for safety and security on our projects. We’re a dynamic and diverse team working on projects across the globe. Although currently based in the UK and continental Europe, we’re now expanding, and you can expect to work with colleagues across geographical borders and time zones.
You’ll play an important role in:
- executing the SCADA and control sections in our wind turbine contracts, in close collaboration with colleagues and suppliers
- carrying out a detailed design of hardware, software, and interfaces for the wind turbine SCADA and control systems
- ensuring that the wind turbine SCADA and control systems live up to relevant cyber security policies
- verifying the SCADA and control design, supply, installation, and commissioning
- collecting documentation from our suppliers and handing over a safe and quality-assured system to Operations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, and have a background in the field of Control and Automation
- are an initiator who takes ownership of your scope and thrive in a project or stakeholder manager role
- have solid experience with SCADA hardware and software solution design, combined with onsite experience
- have an interest in communication networks, infrastructure, and cybersecurity
- speak and write English fluently, as we operate in an international environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 28 February 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Mikkel P. Friis-Holm Stæhr, Head of SCADA WTG, on +4599555256 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting, e.g., our local offices, contractor facilities, construction sites, and fabrication yards around the world.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.