Senior Strain Safety Scientist to Biosafety and Molecular Assays
The R&D department Biosafety and Molecular Assays is looking for an ambitious Senior Research Scientist within strain safety.
Biosafety and Molecular Assays is part of Analytical Solutions within Chr. Hansen R&D. The department is responsible for safety assessments of strains, strain documentation and for developing molecular methods to characterize our strains and cultures.
Our department is expanding to secure our support for the growing R&D pipeline as well as the Chr. Hansen business units and customers, and you will join a highly motivated and collaborative team of scientists and technicians. As Chr. Hansen keeps growing we wish to further strengthen the department’s expertise within strain safety assessment of bacterial species relevant for our markets.
Your main tasks
- Contribute to expanding our capabilities for strain safety assessment of a growing range of bacteria
- Contribute to implementation of new technologies and methods for safety assessment of microorganisms
- Contribute to larger projects as well as ad hoc tasks
- Generate safety statements of strains for product registrations and legal authorities
- Prepare thorough safety assessment reports based on genome sequences data with emphasis on antibiotic resistances and virulence
- Support customers in their communication with regulatory bodies
Your personal profile
- You enjoy collaboration with many internal stakeholders as well as customers
- You have a strong theoretical background, preferentially a PhD, but also significant experience from working in the laboratory
- You have expert knowledge within safety assessment of bacterial strains - especially antibiotic resistance and virulence both phenotypically and genotypically
- Strong background in whole genome analysis
- Analysis and visualization of complex data
- It would be an advantage if you have experience with toxicological evaluations of microorganisms.
- You enjoy working as part of a team, but also find it natural to take responsibility
- Able to structure many tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Self-motivated with excellent ability to communicate in English, both in writing and orally
As a person, you should be outgoing and straightforward, seeking out partners across the organization, and have the analytical skills to be able to provide excellent scientific assessments.
English is the corporate language of Chr. Hansen, and you need to be fluent in English, both orally and in writing.
A challenging position in a global company, with excellent opportunities for personal development. You will be part of an expanding and hard-working team of competent colleagues and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the future activities within the Biosafety and Molecular Assays
For more questions and application
For questions, please contact Senior Manager, Rune Frank-Hansen at +45 2271 6244 or e-mail: email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is May 25th 2019. Please submit your cover letter and CV as soon as possible since we will process incoming applications as we receive them.
Read more about working for Chr. Hansen at our website.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder.