Senior Researchers/Researchers in Traffic psychology
DTU Management Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for two positions...
DTU Management Engineering at the Technical University of Denmark invites applications for two positions as senior researchers or researchers in the area of traffic psychology.
With these positions the department wants to strengthen its capabilities in research and public sector consultancy in the area of traffic safety. We seek candidates, who are committed to high quality research that will impact the field, and who can interact effectively with public sector authorities and scholarly peers to enhance the intellectual climate of the division.
The new colleagues will be affiliated to the Human Factors research group within the department’s Technology and Innovation Management division. The Human Factors group seeks to apply behavioural and engineering sciences to the design, implementation and evaluation of products, services and systems and, more generally, working and living environments. The group currently has a permanent staff of five: two professors, two senior researchers, one researcher, and in addition a number of Postdocs, PhD students and research assistants. More than half of the group is presently engaged with traffic psychology.
Responsibilities and tasks
The positions involve project based research and publication at an international level as well as tasks in the area of research based public sector consultancy. The research will mainly focus on safety-related human behaviour in traffic, but may also regard other aspects in the field of human factors. The characteristics, needs, capabilities and limitations of the road users form the basis of the safety related research topics.
Examples of research topics include:
- Attitudes and norms taking influences from social norms, parents, peers, mobility culture, etc. into account
- Risk taking behaviour of different road user groups
- Driver training and education
- Influence and prevalence of impairment due to alcohol, drugs, distraction, fatigue etc.
- Use of technology and safety-related challenges related to new transport modes
The positions involve a limited contribution to teaching and supervision at B.Eng., B.Sc. and M.Sc. level.
The researchers/senior researchers are expected to take a leading role in collaboration with public sector authorities and other external stakeholders and to contribute to the wider knowledge exchange with society at large, including participation in the public debate.
For a senior researcher the positions include a leading role in developing and leading new research, establishing new alliances, and developing applications for external funding. Supervising and supporting doctoral students and early career team members will also be a central task.
The positions includes collaboration with internal stakeholders at DTU’s. In particular collaboration with colleagues at the centre of Transport DTU and the rest of the Human Factors group.
- Candidates must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent)
- Candidates for a Senior Researcher position must further have experience at least as Assistant Professor/Researcher/Postdoc or similar qualifications
Applicants are expected to have
- Scientific qualifications in the area of traffic psychology (particularly social-psychology and cognitive psychology), but applicants with scientific qualifications in other relevant areas of human behaviour will also be considered
- Experience and skills regarding different methods of data collection and analysis, i.e. qualitative analyses, quantitative statistical analyses by use of different uni- and multivariate methods, experimental studies, case-studies surveys, an interviews
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- scientific production and research potential at international level
- innovative skills and the ability to generate new ideas
- the ability to communicate at all levels such as the provision of scientific advice to public sector authorities
- the ability to promote and utilize research results
- an all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
- the ability to contribute to development of internal and external cooperation
For the specific position consideration will also be given to the ability to conduct interviews and write in Danish.
We offer an interesting and challenging job in an international environment focusing on education, research, scientific advice and innovation, which contribute to enhancing the economy and improving social welfare. We strive for academic excellence, collegial respect and freedom tempered by responsibility. The Technical University of Denmark (DTU) is a leading technical university in northern Europe and benchmarks with the best universities in the world.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
The position as senior researcher and researcher is permanent. The researcher will after a maximum of 4 years transfer to a position as senior researcher provided that the employee is recommended for assessment and is deemed qualified. More information can be found here: Career paths at DTU.
Further information may be obtained from Professor Per Dannemand Andersen, Head of the Technology and Innovation Management division, +45 4525 4535, email@example.com, Professor John Paulin Hansen, Head of the Human Factors group, +45 4525 4852, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Senior Scientist Mette Møller, +45 4525 6537, email@example.com.
You can read more about DTU Management Engineering on www.man.dtu.dk.
Please submit your online application no later than 1 August 2017. Apply online via the "Ansøg" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Apply online," fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file.
In the field “Please indicate which position you are applying for” please indicate whether you are applying for position as Senior Researcher or Researcher.
The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
- List of publications (applicants applying for the post as Senior Researcher should indicate scientific highlights)
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder