Senior Researcher in Topology Optimization
DTU, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Section of Solid Mechanics is looking for a senior researcher with strong mathematical and large scale computing background..
DTU, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Section of Solid Mechanics is looking for a senior researcher with strong mathematical and large scale computing background to strengthen its research activities within advanced numerical modeling of structures, materials and multiphysics problems, parallel computing, inverse problems and topology optimization.
Responsibilities and tasks
The senior researcher shall play a leading role in the TopOpt group’s (www.topopt.dtu.dk) expanding activities within structural, thermal and multiphysics optimization problems.
The senior researcher will be engaged in research activities within:
- Development of efficient and parallel computing codes for linear and non-linear mechanical and multiphysics problems in structures and materials
- Development of multiscale computational methods
- Development of reduced order computational methods
- Development of numerical algorithms for inverse design and topology optimization
- Disseminate novel research results in the scientific literature.
Other content of the position, e.g.:
- Advising of undergraduate, graduate, PhD-students and Postdocs
- Collaborations within DTU and international partners
- Collaborations with Industry
- Research management
- Securing external funding
- Some teaching
The TopOpt group participates in a broad range of research activities in collaboration with internal and external research groups and centers. Main funding sources are public and private research foundations at present including a Villum Investigator grant InnoTop funded by the Villum Foundation.
- hold a PhD degree or equivalent as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding a position as Researcher or Postdoc.
- document didactic/pedagogic training
The qualified applicant must document a strong background within the following areas:
- Large scale and parallel computing
- Applied mathematics
- Non-linear finite element analysis
- Topology optimization
- Multiphysics modelling
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
- Research impact and experience, funding track record, and research vision
- Experience and quality of teaching
- Societal impact
- Documented innovation activities, including commercialization and collaboration with industry
- International impact and experience
- Leadership potential and collaboration
- Communication skills
Consideration will also be given to:
- Potential for securing external funding
DTU is a leading technical university globally recognized for the excellence of its research, education, innovation and scientific advice. We offer a rewarding and challenging job in an international environment. We strive for academic excellence in an environment characterized by collegial respect and an academic freedom tempered by responsibility.
Salary and terms of employment
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Danish Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Workplace: DTU Mechanical Engineering, Lyngby Campus.
You can read more about career paths at DTU here
Further information may be obtained from Professor Ole Sigmund, tel.: +45 4525 4256
You can read more about the Department Mechanical Engineering on www.mek.dtu.dk and about the TopOpt Group at www.topopt.dtu.dk
Please submit your online application no later than 22 October 2017 (Local time). Apply via teh "Ansøg" link.
Applications must be submitted as one PDF file containing all materials to be given consideration. To apply, please open the link "Ansøg", fill in the online application form, and attach all your materials in English in one PDF file. The file must include:
- Application (cover letter)
- Views regarding teaching and research based on the “Assessment” bullets
- Documentation of precious teaching and research based on the “Assessment” bullets
- List of publications
- H-index, and ORCID (see e.g. http://orcid.org/)
- Diploma (MSc/PhD)
Applications and enclosures received after the deadline will not be considered.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.
Please write in your application that you've seen the job at Jobfinder